Notices

Crash at DS.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 953 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by oregondunes
I dont think the boat was sold. I think it was someone "borrowing" it for the poker run.
Good news is it is sold now......full price too!

Glad everyone was ok but this is not good for the sport.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To anyone on the boat, having been the subject of one of these threads, I'd offer some advice:

1) put on your asbestos underwear. Everyone on here is an expert and would have done it differently.

2) who cares, you're alive so screw them.

3) take stock of what you have, be thankful you weren't hurt worse, and do what the doctor tells you.

4) rub some dirt on it and walk it off.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

In the video I saw there is a R44 that comes back and hovers in front of them. It's pretty low and hard to see in the video.

http://www.performance-images.com/Powerboats

Last edited by Swede; 04-26-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Im glad all are ok but how many boats went past without stopping? You seen a a few come back but how hard is it to throw your hand up to let everyone know to slow down. It would make me a little upset if I was the one to flip and then watch everyone blow past me if I was in survival mode. Not trying to piss anyone off but come on guys.
Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Yea, but none of the choppers came back to help. Im only speaking from the video i saw.
Originally Posted by renodaytona
There are safety boats assigned to areas on both sides of the lake all the way from pilot rock to Havasu Springs. There were plenty of spectator boats and safety boats no need for more boats to stop and get in the way.
I find it almost hard to believe that people could walk away from something like that, but it is amazing and great that they did

I was also disturbed by the number of boats that did not even come off the throttles after it was clear as day that a boat had either gone over next to them or even worse well ahead of them

and yes it takes time to slow down, but when the rooster tail is still coming out long and strong you are still running hard

the boat went over at 10 seconds in the video and every boat in the frame with it was still hard on the sticks well after and out of the frame at least until 18 seconds and out of frame every boat that was with it was still going hard at it.....one boat at 27 seconds even clearly gets on the sticks harder after going past the accident because you can hear the engine and see the rooster tail get much larger and there was a red boat that should have easily been slowed down that blew right on by at about 25 seconds and even at 32-45 seconds there are still boats hard at it until they actually pass the wreck

I find it hard to believe they were not paying enough attention to see that happen and if the were unable to see it happen then there needs to be some discussions about communications for incidents like this because you can have all the safety and support boats you wish, but if they are having to run most likely perpendicular from the sidelines across the path of other boats still hard on the sticks after a blow over the participants either did not see or ignored that sounds like a recipe for a Tbone collision and much worse or even more boats blowing over or spinning out

it does not take very long for a rooster tail to die off and a boat to slow if you come hard off the sticks and it surely does not take 10+ seconds or more for the rooster tail to die off when you throttle back

and I believe there is one helicopter that is right there on it, but it is hard to pick up because it looks to be brown against the mountains on a poor quality video

I am very glad and amazed all are ok, but there should be some people questioning themselves why they kept running hard after seeing that happen next to them or in front of them or worse should have seen clearly they were coming up on it.....and it is pretty much clear as day that is what happened
Old 04-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Glad everyone is ok. Randy
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
Looks/sounds like an offshore powerboat race. Lucky day for someone.
That (very insightful) statement is worthy of a whole lot of conversation. Hopefully, it will be constructive.

Glad they're OK!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Blowing the boat over is one thing getting run over by the other boats is another!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 153 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm here at the event, helping out my buddy Gary with Predator, and Jon Roth, the boat Johhny Tomlinson is driving a blue 388 Skater with stupid power. In fact my go pro was on the back with an amazing angle, I got wreck on footage happened right behind it. Then they went and picked one guy out of the water, guy hoped on the back and thought he was gonna crush the go pro, he then even notices it and gives the camera a little smirck. All I can say is we all know **** happens, so before u all start talking about un safe Poker run ****, I'll just say this, you guys thousands of miles away have NO CLUE about the details... Just keep that in mind
Old 04-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
I'm here at the event, helping out my buddy Gary with Predator, and Jon Roth, the boat Johhny Tomlinson is driving a blue 388 Skater with stupid power. In fact my go pro was on the back with an amazing angle, I got wreck on footage happened right behind it. Then they went and picked one guy out of the water, guy hoped on the back and thought he was gonna crush the go pro, he then even notices it and gives the camera a little smirck. All I can say is we all know **** happens, so before u all start talking about un safe Poker run ****, I'll just say this, you guys thousands of miles away have NO CLUE about the details... Just keep that in mind
Cant wait to see the video and hear of your report after this weekend.

Is it warm there ?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Registered

glad everyone is ok!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.