Notices

Boat length Pros and Cons

Old 05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Boat length Pros and Cons

Boat length Pros and Cons

I see advantage of getting a larger boat form the normal 18-20 ft boats, as it rides nicer and can handle bigger waves with ease.

Now if I get on longer boat I can run a big block, longer yet twin smalll blocks.

If I get to about 30 ft I can run twin big blocks.

Now if i run a lakes and such what advantage do I gain by getting a bigger/longer boat at that point? I view ~30 ft boats as the smallest/light boat can handle xxx amount power. It seems like if I get a bigger boat I will just need more power increase just to run what a smaller boat will run with stock engines.

What advantage do you get to run a boat longer than ~30 feet?

Thanks for the info all.

Cyrus
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 622 Likes on 183 Posts

Bigger sunpad
Attached Thumbnails Boat length Pros and Cons-2117dam_run_jun_2005_24_.jpg  
Old 05-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bigger boat = bigger ego.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bigger boats have more room. mine seemed big at first but then i went on a buddies boat that is about 5-6 ft longer. May not seem like a huge difference if you are used to a smaller boat but if you go with a 34.5 baja or something similar(just for example) you can run 60+mph w/496 bigblocks, have a kitchen, shower, a/c, flush out toilet, gernerator, and plenty of room in the cockpit to move around. All stock and nice looking with room for a few extra people to come. You can make runs to marinas and stay on the boat at night instead of paying for dock fees and a hotel. maintenance is usually easier with more room in the engine bays (sometimes). and if you ever do decide to take it to the ocean, the longer the boat the better it handels in the big waves. And definately bigger sunpads!

Last edited by Tug Life; 05-01-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Bigger boat = bigger ego.

and/or smaller man parts (in an effort to keep it somewhat clean)......
Old 05-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

more room, ususally handle more water, can go faster.

CONS- they are bigger, cant go in shallow water, cost more, cost more to maintain/insure/operate. They weigh more which means you need a truck that can pull it etc. But these are the cons anytime you get something bigger.

I think if you start getting larger than 30ft and are looking for speed you start talking big boy money, docking the thing instead of towing etc.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Registered

Bigger Boat= Bigger Repair Bills.....
Old 05-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 302 Likes on 106 Posts

where do u boat?

do u overnight on the boat?

family?
Old 05-01-2013, 04:17 PM
SBX
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
and/or smaller man parts (in an effort to keep it somewhat clean)......

Thats the weakest...most immature thought and saying ever...and usually only made by people jealous of others with bigger/better things.

Mind you I dont hve a "big" boat....Ive always had BIG trucks...12-20" of lift and I drive them because I LIKE them not cause I have a small penile organ and am compensating.

I want a bigger boat cause well....they are cool and bigger sunpads are obviously AWESOME!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Registered

The bigger the boat, the costs go up exponentially. It all depends where you use it, how you use it, then where you can launch it, where you can store it, if you can work on it yourself, etc, etc.

I haven't owned one personally, but been very much involved with a 38. It was not fun, turned into more of a hassle than it was worth. But the circumstances also contributed to that. If I could afford a 38, along with the rack storage to go with it, count me in.

For now, my 24 is big enough for Erie, easy to tow/launch solo if need be, storage is easy, so it works for now. I will be looking to move up to something in the 30 foot range in the next two years, and that is as big as I plan to go for the time being.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.