Marinas in Venezuela With On-Site Fuel >

Marinas in Venezuela With On-Site Fuel

Notices

Marinas in Venezuela With On-Site Fuel

Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marinas in Venezuela With On-Site Fuel

We are considering a trip to Venezuela and are having a hard time locating information about which marinas there sell fuel at the marina. Does anyone know of any which do or how we might find out? Thank you for your time, and any information is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
R
Old 05-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

have you checked the State Department on travel there. Not saying that place is any worse than mexico, but with recent events and there hostility towards Americans, might be worth looking into
Old 05-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Registered

Yes. I am a bit concerned, which is one reason we are hoping to find an option where we could remain at the marina if possible. But, it is somewhere I've always wanted to visit. Just trying to take all possible precautions!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered

I would look and see where the cruise ships dock in Caracas and look around there, most ports of call are pretty safe where the cruise ships dock, as that is their money maker and they can have rift raft and drug dealers spoiling the spending. Also I dont know how far Aruba or Curcao is, but maybe leave venezuela to a day trip and stay in Aruba.

Ive been to Iraq and Afghanistan, and have seen it all, and I still like to stay on the beaten path in foreign countries specially ones that more on the third world order. Some say its no big deal, but Americans stick out like sore thumb, and not knowing the language or customs only compounds that.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:38 PM
Registered

I lived there for almost 4 years. 2005-2010
The only place you are going to be able to find a dock space or fuel is going to be in Caracas, Puerto LaCruz or Magarita Island.
There are no Cruise ships that come even remotely close to Venezuela.

Almost all of the marinas have been nationalized and are government owned now.

The Marina / Hotel in Puerto LaCruz is named the Maremares Hotel and Marina. I have stayed here several times and there were always Expats traveling through here in sail boats and motor yachts, other than that there is a marina and hotel in Maiquetia (caracas Airport) name the Playa Grande Marina and Hotel.

Good luck to you if you decide to go. Its a beautiful country that the government has ruined!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BarryB
I lived there for almost 4 years. 2005-2010
The only place you are going to be able to find a dock space or fuel is going to be in Caracas, Puerto LaCruz or Magarita Island.
There are no Cruise ships that come even remotely close to Venezuela.

Almost all of the marinas have been nationalized and are government owned now.

The Marina / Hotel in Puerto LaCruz is named the Maremares Hotel and Marina. I have stayed here several times and there were always Expats traveling through here in sail boats and motor yachts, other than that there is a marina and hotel in Maiquetia (caracas Airport) name the Playa Grande Marina and Hotel.

Good luck to you if you decide to go. Its a beautiful country that the government has ruined!!!!!!!

Reason I said cruise ships is my parents went there about 15 years ago, maybe it stopped.

But according to princess they still go to carracas http://www.princess.com/learn/ports/...ports/LAG.html
Old 05-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
Reason I said cruise ships is my parents went there about 15 years ago, maybe it stopped.

But according to princess they still go to carracas http://www.princess.com/learn/ports/...ports/LAG.html
I have never personaly seen one, but I could be wrong. I know they do go to Curacoa and Aruba.

Let me tell you 15 years ago that place was paradise compared to now!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You can see Venezuela from Curacao on a clear day. EASY trip to make in a boat.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Registered

WHY???? I worked on a yacht there from 2010-2012. I was docked in puerto lacruz. Do you speak spanish? Obtaining fuel in any port in VEN is difficult and everything is a bribe. What kind of boat?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a beautiful country that the government has ruined!!!!!!!
Let me tell you 15 years ago that place was paradise compared to now!!!!!!!!
Sounds like USA- wonder if they had a Dear Leader named Barry as well?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.