Noise police are a drag

Old 07-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kurt,

Hope a meeting with the warden helps.
You are definitely the least of their problems.

They need to do some real policing of the boats that are a danger to the rest of us.

And, what Audio said, anything we can do to help.

Mo
Old 07-26-2002, 11:16 AM
Registered

Angry

I agree all this sh@#*t about the loud boats is more about the jealousy of "how can you afford that", than noise. The sea planes have been there for years, Rick's at night with the bands makes more noise. But they own the town. If a noise ordinance is coming, then lets include more than just the boats "shooting blue flames" (!?!?). Add the motor cycles, planes and loud music. Then we will have some more support.
If the green cops need something to do there is the plague of idiots jetskiing and tubing. Oh, and then there’s all the people half on plane plowing down the river with the family hanging off the bow.

Last edited by ken240; 07-26-2002 at 11:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:42 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya the damn families with kids hanging off the bow seems like a MUCH better thing to chase then some guy that is "making to much noise"!!!! There will be a day when one of these kids is going to fall off. Zoom3 and I saw a kid the other day dragging his feat off the swim platform NEAR THE PROPS!!!!!! It takes all kinds!!!! Also all the high speed runs up the river. They obviously have to many laws now that they CAN NOT cover. ALSO they get what maybe 3 or 4 calls to complain? HOW MANY HOUSES are there up and down the lake???? I am guessing that MOST of them do not care or just deal as they know it is a once in a long while thing. MOST poeople LOVE that boat. Of course the few loud mouths will win!!! I just hate it when the loud mouthed minority wins for the majority!!!! Biggus if you want to I can bring up my meters with me and we can do a proper DB check and see what we get. NOT some backed up to the shop enclosed space BS. I will see if I can find you some tubeing even if it is the clear stuff that deteriorates over time at leaste getting those mufflers to work will be a help.

Jon
Old 07-26-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Audio we should check the seaplanes and so on for comparisons
Old 07-26-2002, 11:52 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Sounds like a plan Kenzo but I assure you they are quiter then Kurts Cig. However that IS NOT the point as we discussed earlier today.

Jon
Old 07-29-2002, 10:15 PM
cartman

Talking

I think you guys about covered it. Why dont they spend as much time on the millfoil problem as they do crying about loud pipes? There are better things to spend time on.

Old 07-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

I was looking for this post but could not find it. Hey Kurt worse case is you put numbers on the side and call it a race boat. I did some checking and in most states race boats are exempt from noise testing UP THEIRS!!!!!!!! MAN will that get Patch adams PISSED!!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Well last night they had a town meeting, one of the topics was the loud boat issue. Some woman has said she would like to see a limit on the size of boat you can own!

Another topic is a possible speed limit on Long Lake of 45 mph!

These clowns can`t even enforce the boating laws we have right now.

I am getting very discouraged and sick of being blamed for every loud boat out there.Yesterday, someone asked me what the hell I was doing racing up the lake Sat. night at 2am
and I was home sleeping.

I`t a bunch of people with nothing better to do and this winter I`m gonna pack thier driveways so full of snow with my plow

Old 07-30-2002, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Biggus,

Did you speak up and voice your opinion at that town meeting? Don't just let them roll over you. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Got to love it. You idle across the lake just to be considerate and you take all this heat!!!!!! 45 mph speed limit will get lots of people involved as most all of the boats on that lake go faster then that!!! If they make laws like that they will see a SERIOUS drop in the number of people that will come to the lake. Not sure I would ever go up there any more if that was the case.

Jon

Quick Reply: Noise police are a drag

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.