Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prayers sent. Randy
Old 05-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Dear Lord, I ask you to turn this weakness into strength, suffering into compassion, sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for others. May your servant trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the middle of this suffering. Let him be filled with patience and joy in your presence as he waits for your healing touch.

Please restore your servant to full health, dear Father. Remove all fear and doubt from his heart by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, be glorified through his life.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:57 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
My dad is in ICU he has COPD,they found a large growth on his lung hes having a real bad time dealing with it this time, im just sick to the thought of how i should had did stuff , should had taken him fishing,drank more beer with him at the lake,and just been there for him. As we get older we tend to drift away and get busy with our own lifes.all im saying is guys if your can spend time with your mom and dads start doing it NOW!!! i was selfish and thought of me and my family.
I can relate, working the oil patch overseas, did not get there in time. Prayers sent.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Registered

Received 396 Likes on 221 Posts

Prayers sent
Old 05-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay strong brother, tell your pops that everyone here on OSO is with you and you're family.

Prayers sent
Old 05-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear. I just went through this with my Sister a few months ago. Even though we were close to begin with I went up to Chicago and took care of her. I fed her, administered her meds, took her for rides in the car and most importantly, talked (about everything). I was there for the last 6-weeks of her life and I can tell you that if I had to do it again, I wouldn't change a thing.

Be strong and don't miss a thing!

You're in our prayers
Old 05-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

prayer sent......
Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Prayers sent
Old 05-19-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

My father has always been a strong, thick skinned, tough as nails kind of guy. He was in the hospital a couple years ago, for about a week. He was banged up, broken wrist, punctured lung, broken ribs.... I went to the hospital daily, brought him stuff, helped him get out of bed to go to the bathroom, talked to doctors, etc. For the first time in his life, and mine, I was taking care of him, instead of him taking care of me. I think during that week, he felt very vulnerable. My mom was there too, as was my sister, but there was some kind of security feeling he had, with his son there. For once, I felt my father looked at me, not as some young selfish 'slacker', but as a ''good man''.

I'll say a prayer for him, and hope for the best. In the meantime, be sure to tell him what a great father he's been, express any regrets you may have, and assure him you'll ''take care of things'', should things go bad. I know my biggest fear if I was told tomorrow wasn't coming for me, would be whether or not my family, or loved ones would be ''ok''. Good luck. Hope he pulls through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.