Stainless Marine riser Dry - water dump >

Stainless Marine riser Dry - water dump

Notices

Stainless Marine riser Dry - water dump

Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless Marine riser Dry - water dump

Hey Guys, Has anyone ever seen a S/M dry riser for a Chevy bb have a 3/8 water discharge? I called down there today and I was told they have never made them that way and that mine have to been altered. I was told it should have a 1" discharge on each riser. Can I get by with the 3/8. I thinking it would be a pretty good stream but I don't want to have any problems with holding in heat as these are going on my 496 with a 177 blower. I got these from an OSO member and if I remember he live by the great lakes. Maybe he wanted to slow the water down to hold in more heat?
Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 1,249 Likes on 604 Posts

It was probably added as a dump to limit reversion if all the water went through the tails.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Dumb question, would that also affect water pressure? As in higher?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:29 AM
Registered

Dumb question ICD? Ok genius! I was asking if anyone had seen a 3/8 discharge on dry Stainless Marine exhaust before. No kidding its going to make pressure in the cooling side........ Thanks Rookie for your response. The tails were made as a dry unit. I have Jerry from S/M sending me up 1" bung's that I going to use. Mill off the old tig on the new.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 4,567 Likes on 1,315 Posts

WTF!?
I was referring to my own question as in Here`s my dumb question:.
You really though I`d call your question dumb?
I have tails with slits that look like it was done with a cut off wheel, my dumb question was if there aren`t enough of those slits will that increase my water pressure? From your reply it seems it would so I`ll just take my ROOKIE ass back under my rock

Old 05-22-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

Sorry dude, thats the way it came across. Your are right about the slits. We are going to make 4 1/4inch (to make up for the 1 inch intake ) holes in the end caps for water release and help quite the exhaust down. I won't have to bother with routing side discharge either. Sorry again for the mix up ICD........