Have you weighed your boat lately? >

Have you weighed your boat lately?

Notices

Have you weighed your boat lately?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
WTF?!?! How the phuck did this thread turn into a soap opera??? 4BUS - Relax... Go tug something with your Tundra... Regardless of how undersized your truck is for pulling your mammoth of a boat... that's your issue... no one else's. When you have a mechanical failure, whether it be brakes, structural, drivetrain, ect., its alright... Just make sure to explain to the OP that you thought since it towed the space shuttle, you were good. BTW, I am not throwing darts at you... just throwing them with you...
Mammoth? It's got 8 ft of beak and 2 ft of swim platform, it's really on 28 ft. Apparently fountain is the only one that counts the molded swim platforms in LOA, which worked out well for me and my little truck.

Btw my truck isn't really a tundra, it's a Tacoma with tundra badges. And I'm not worried about mechanical failures, Toyota don't break, and if they do Toyota buys them back to put in their museum of rare Toyotas that actually had a failure.

Speaking of failures, can we talk about my dmax that broke every over month, or my 6.0l powerstroke that broke every other week like clockwork? I should get another one of those HD trucks, but keep my toyo as a back up to insure I can get to the lake when my dealer takes if for weeks on end in July to repair

You really should take that power out of the hedgehog and put it ina 35 lightning, bet you pick up 20 mph

Hahah

On a nice note, I was just watching you hatch off YouTube video the other day, still one of the coolest vids in the web. That's a cool ride
Old 05-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
This thread cracks me up. If you gonna tow with an under rated truck good for you! When something fails and you kill some one on the highway you better hired a gun slinging attorney. That's all I have to say about that!!!!
And what are you towing that 32 ft jet boat with? Anything short of an F650 and technically you will be in the same trouble.

Please post a link to any lawsuit on recreational towing that proves your theory?

I don't care how well equipped you are, If you kill someone in your car you are gonna get sued and you will pay
Old 05-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
And what are you towing that 32 ft jet boat with? Anything short of an F650 and technically you will be in the same trouble.

Please post a link to any lawsuit on recreational towing that proves your theory?

I don't care how well equipped you are, If you kill someone in your car you are gonna get sued and you will pay
Homey works at a Ford dealer and drives a SuperDuty. Just giving you the heads up.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012 F250 Diesel. 4bus its pretty obvious that towing is a sore subject to you since you are towing something way to heavy for your boat. Quit being an internet bully and move on!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM
Registered

Thanks Brian! Don't work at the dealership anymore! Being I was a service director for Ford and GM, does NOTHING for my credibility when it comes to towing or tow ratings. Not to mention I have been towing boats since I was 15 years old without my drivers license, when I worked at the local marina in high school. Yep thats right I have been towing boats for 20 years.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

From the all knowing master himself.

Chris Sunkin
Registered

Feedback Score

Tell Me What I Want To Hear

There seems to be an emerging trend in this section. It's "tell me what I want to hear".

Example- the poster comes on asking for advice about a towing combination. Through the thread, he gets sound information- from him under-estimating the weight of his trailer to him not considering the thousand pound of fuel he'll have in the boat and so on. Then they'll hear about how they've over-estimated the towing capacity of their vehicle. (Interestingly enough, it seems like they come to ask these questions AFTER they've purchased everything)

Then, someone comes on and says, "No problem! I've towed exactly the same thing with the same truck and I've never had an issue". Imediately the person is willing to go with that.

Am I just wasting time responding? I'd like to help someone not kill themselves or push my insurance any higher but I wonder if those of us who offer common sense and fact are anything more than flame-bait.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
Mammoth? It's got 8 ft of beak and 2 ft of swim platform, it's really on 28 ft. Apparently fountain is the only one that counts the molded swim platforms in LOA, which worked out well for me and my little truck.

Btw my truck isn't really a tundra, it's a Tacoma with tundra badges. And I'm not worried about mechanical failures, Toyota don't break, and if they do Toyota buys them back to put in their museum of rare Toyotas that actually had a failure.

Speaking of failures, can we talk about my dmax that broke every over month, or my 6.0l powerstroke that broke every other week like clockwork? I should get another one of those HD trucks, but keep my toyo as a back up to insure I can get to the lake when my dealer takes if for weeks on end in July to repair

You really should take that power out of the hedgehog and put it ina 35 lightning, bet you pick up 20 mph

Hahah

On a nice note, I was just watching you hatch off YouTube video the other day, still one of the coolest vids in the web. That's a cool ride
I'm content with my speeds lol...

Also, the room I have, albeit a 31' boat, is great to other said boats of the same size... I like the fact it has air, heat, refer, microwave, vacu-flush head, flat screen, and still functions like I want it to...
Old 05-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Registered

I'm content with my speeds lol...

Also, the room I have, albeit a 31' boat, is great to other said boats of the same size... I like the fact it has air, heat, refer, microwave, vacu-flush head, flat screen, and still functions like I want it to...
Very nice Todd!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Registered

Andrew... nice to see you on... what say you?
Old 05-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered

Andrew... nice to see you on... what say you?
I hope to boat like crazy this summer. No bail and chain, little guy every other weekend. My buddy has a Condo and slip in New Buffalo, and the ramp is good enough to launch a 42' OL. Life doesn't suck!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.