Notices

Alex Bay speeding ticket

Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alex Bay speeding ticket

Am i the only one who got popped in the 30 zone between the light houses? they got me for 43 in a 30.

Last edited by hugetime1; 06-16-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

i think i saw you get your ticket. were you heading north towards alex bay just about to go under the bridge?? i was heading towards clayton right after i got pulled over by STARSKY and HUTCH and given a loud exhaust award. oh and i got another ticket for a 100lb kid not wearing a child life jacket rated for 90lbs. and i got another ticket for my registered in NY til september of 2013 boat i just bought(which im still waiting for a lien release on) being "unregistered" since i am not the one it is still registered to. then when we went to bolt castle to take a tour we were greeted by customs drilling us like we were a bunch of drug smugglers. got right in my face like i was a criminal " where were you today" what do you have on board" how much have you been drinking"

i must say the poker run was very nice. it was great to meet some new faces to put with the screen names. check out some awesome boats. but to be totally honest for the money we spent to go there, fueling up at the local gas station, buying booze at the local liquor store, 6 rooms at the edgewood resort, breakfast, lunch , and dinner at the local resturants, paying for dockage at the hotel. Even tho we did not enter the run which was just simply cus an extra grand wasnt something i could swing this weekend. I am not in a hurry to go back. the local COWBOYS really pissed on my expensive to me weekend. and everywhere i looked someone else minding their own business was getting pulled over. it felt like just because we had a go fast boat up there for the poker run weekend it was a trap for the local law enforcement to make a paycheck. i felt i supported the local alex bay economy as best i could without the local authorities sticking it up my a$$.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
i think i saw you get your ticket. were you heading north towards alex bay just about to go under the bridge?? i was heading towards clayton right after i got pulled over by STARSKY and HUTCH and given a loud exhaust award. oh and i got another ticket for a 100lb kid not wearing a child life jacket rated for 90lbs. and i got another ticket for my registered in NY til september of 2013 boat i just bought(which im still waiting for a lien release on) being "unregistered" since i am not the one it is still registered to. then when we went to bolt castle to take a tour we were greeted by customs drilling us like we were a bunch of drug smugglers. got right in my face like i was a criminal " where were you today" what do you have on board" how much have you been drinking"

i must say the poker run was very nice. it was great to meet some new faces to put with the screen names. check out some awesome boats. but to be totally honest for the money we spent to go there, fueling up at the local gas station, buying booze at the local liquor store, 6 rooms at the edgewood resort, breakfast, lunch , and dinner at the local resturants, paying for dockage at the hotel. Even tho we did not enter the run which was just simply cus an extra grand wasnt something i could swing this weekend. I am not in a hurry to go back. the local COWBOYS really pissed on my expensive to me weekend. and everywhere i looked someone else minding their own business was getting pulled over. it felt like just because we had a go fast boat up there for the poker run weekend it was a trap for the local law enforcement to make a paycheck. i felt i supported the local alex bay economy as best i could without the local authorities sticking it up my a$$.
Now there's a message for the local chamber of commerce........
Old 06-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 450 Likes on 298 Posts

same for me... since a couple years, I simply don't go where are the poker runs for this reason! They don't want us anymore, read between the lines they don't need us! They don't have any slow down in their local economy...
Old 06-16-2013, 09:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did the run last year but not this year for the entire fee you don't get much I understand poker runs America has to make money but they didn't know that we broke down leaving the lunch stop no body seemed from poker runs America seemed to care or notice that we didnt make the rest of the card stops I know we don't have a big skater but it would have been nice to see a little hospitality in that since I have also heard of people getting harassed over noise right around the bridge and I know fishing has become a pain in the but you technically have to call in every time you go fishing you can't even use american worms to fish in Canada but we love boating up there you can ride around all day and not see the same thing twice if been boating the thousands island ever since I was born 18 years ago this will be the 3rd with the sonic and there's still places I would love to go it should definitely be on everybody's boating bucket list !
Old 06-17-2013, 04:33 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How many boats registered this year ??

Did Myway show up ?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I said I wasn't there but I read on Facebook that My Way wasn't present
Old 06-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

27 boats registered for the run. My way was a no show
Old 06-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

You were not the only speeding ticket, I know a small Trick cat got a ticket for 60 and a certain red canopied 'GO-FAST' vee got a ticket for running at the century mark through the bay. That pass was made on Thursday and he received his paper on Friday.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was Driving the Trick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.