Notices

21 Challenger People

Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 21 Challenger People

Originally Posted by Jon Bucy
Hey guys,
Looking for a V-6, 3.0 litre,225 ,20",EVINRUDE/JOHNSON approx.1999,or whatever age that fits description.
Looking for best deal possible (lowest price). Would appreciate any information that you might be able to provide. Post to this forum, thanks.
Have you tried www.screamandfly.com? Lotta outboard guys over there.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have had three of them Single OB, Twin OB. And we are currently finishing a 1979. This one was an inboard. When we bought it, it was rigged with a Kaama Drive and turbo charged Big block. Sick Boat. It is now rigged with a bravo and Aluminum BB. Havn't splashed it yet. Should be a blast. Best handling 21 footer I ever drove. Smitty
Old 11-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: 21 Challenger People

Originally Posted by BradH
Have you tried www.screamandfly.com? Lotta outboard guys over there.
Thanks BradH,but I'm having trouble posting on S&F.I have registered membership but I guess It's look but don't touch.Do I need advanced membership?If so how?They don't display any obvious membership advancement, not like here on O.S.O.
I appreciate your help.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Originally Posted by bglz42
Here's a shot of my "terrible Scarabpop"... actually it was a TG pop.
Sorry,my mistake. BTW,I was only referring to boat #1 that went to the PB trials.After that Don Brooks made some slight bottom and rigging mods and susequent 38's were fine runners. Friend of mine had one for years,sold it last year. Looked a lot like your graphics. Did yours come from Bham,AL?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks BradH,but I'm having trouble posting on S&F.I have registered membership but I guess It's look but don't touch.Do I need advanced membership?If so how?They don't display any obvious membership advancement, not like here on O.S.O.
I appreciate your help.
Not sure, haven't done much more than just looked around over there.

Anybody know if a center console was ever made from this hull?
Old 11-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I appreciate your help.
You should have no problems posting on scream and fly, although from memory they do send you an activation code in an email that you need to click on to open your account, if you still have porblems let me know I post on there fairly frequently, and put you in touch with someone who can help.

Will definitly be one of the best sources for a motor and a lot of people on there running this boat or versions of it...
Old 11-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

Thanks WB, I figured out the activation and am now posting. I'll be in touch. Take care, Jon.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:24 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great history - love this stuff!

So, with this hull being such a great performer, and subsequently "splashed" many times, who today builds the closest relative to it? Superboat, Progression, Tuff...?
Old 11-28-2006, 10:42 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by DoTheMath
Great history - love this stuff!

So, with this hull being such a great performer, and subsequently "splashed" many times, who today builds the closest relative to it? Superboat, Progression, Tuff...?
Superboat has an original set of Challenger molds and therefore makes the closest Challenger derivative. However the construction is much lighter, and the interior and hardware is much cheaper. The rough water ride characteristics are also very different in that the Challengers were built (and felt) like solid steel..... In addition the deck mold has become unuseable and SB makes no original 21's at this time. The fastest SB belongs to Joey Imprescia at 104+ with a single 300X

The original Shadow molds are currently used to build the Intimidator hulls, and therefore they are the closest Shadow derivative. Intimidator has modified the deck a little. This hull has proven to be the fastest that I've seen.... 106+ with a single 300X.

Neither the original Challengers nor Shadows could run the speeds shown due to weight (probably 400 #'s heavier)......But... fit, finish, hardware, and ride was far superior.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 11-28-2006 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, basically - another case of "they don't build 'em like they used to!?"

Quick Reply: 21 Challenger People

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.