Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP >

Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Notices

Hot Boat is NEVER going on either of my boats, PWC's, snowmobiles, NOTHIN, NADDA, ZIP

Old 07-31-2002, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paul and I had this exact conversation last night....

As nice of a guy as Paul is, he is not getting anywhere near my Baja.. Sorry Paul...

He was on his buddy's boat (John) the day of the poker run and BLEW AN OUDRIVE IN HALF.

Later He was on scotts sonic and it developed over-heating problems, then a week later it developed a drive oil leak.

It's just toooooooo Coincidental...

Old 07-31-2002, 02:55 PM
Registered

See RonP...he's POSSESSED!
Old 07-31-2002, 03:21 PM
Registered

Chris,
I totally forgot about the Poker Run! Wow that is spooky.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:57 PM
Registered

Default SEE Chris,, there is definitley " SOMETHING " to it..

I would love to invite him out on the boat, but its just TOOOOO risky...

His boat, (twice)
your boat,
Scotts boat,
Shane's boat,
John's boat,
C-sprays bat boat,
ONE TRACTOR !!!

I'm still waiting to hear what happened to Jill's boat. We saw her on the water last night, Paul ran down to the dock and next thing you know she's got it to the WOOD. I guess she wasn't taking ANY MORE chances...

Last edited by Chris232; 08-01-2002 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:29 PM
Registered

Do you think either The Learning Channel or Discovery would do a show on him?

You forgot C_Spray's BAT BOAT!

Oh, I forgot, my buddy brought his FORD Tractor over to help Paul grade and re-surface his driveway at the lake...it blew two hydraulic lines!
Old 07-31-2002, 10:29 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Shane , We were up at Lake George on saturday, (No Boat), Took the family out on the minni ha ha. I have a brother in law in Saratoga Springs so we went up for a visit. Went to bolton Landing........nice area. Brother in law has a cruiser on the Sacandaga. Do you have a side shot of you're boat? Were you down the south end of the lake on saturday?
Old 08-01-2002, 07:26 AM
Registered

R Addiction,

Sorry we didn't know you were here! I would have loved tohave had you over for a bit to visit. Sonic99 and 26Sonic were over for a short time. I would have loved to have shown you the lake from one of my boats. Let me know next time you are coming up.

I just got my side/aerial photo from the NYC Poker Run. It is on www.nationalpowerboat.com go under 2002 NYC Photos, page 5 I believe. We were in Werner Bay. That is as far south as we got.

Hope to see you at the lake sometime soon. Isn't Bolton Landing GREAT! It is my hometown as well as OTIS311's. Great place to live.

Shane
Old 08-01-2002, 07:34 AM
Registered

Exclamation REPAIR UPDATE!

Well, I got home from work last night and decide I will inspect the internal of the gearcase to see if any damage occurred. Come to find out the retainer holding the bearing carrier in had lossened causing the carrier itself to spin. Between the carrier and the retainer is a locking washer, similar to a prop washer, where you bend the tabs over so the nut (in this case the retainer)doesn't loosen. One tab is snapped off but none of the other tabs were even touched! Is this the fault of the marina that re-built the gearcases last year? I have my suspicions but I am not certain. Those retainers are supposed to have 200 ft/lbs of torque plus the locking tabs, my inclination is that they should not be loosening up. Does anyone have any insight to help me out?

Upon inspection, although a little surface oxidation, the dog clutch, and the gears all appear fine. I sprayed them with parts cleaner and wiped it down inside teh best I could and liberally coated it with WD-40. After I replace the carrier I will change the oil after a short run in order to remove all teh contaminants that may be in the housing.

Shane