Notices

Rik (arneson)

Old 07-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Thanks for the thread!!

Honest answer is politic's to a large degree and lack of an engine package from Arneson. It takes seriously deep pockets to develop and bring to market a complete engine package, compound that with a complete engine line up and the cost rocket up even higher. At this time we cannot offer a one stop engine/out drive package. We do have customers that use Mercury engines with out drive units as well as Ilmor engines with our drive units and of course the aftermarket engine manufacturers as well.

The fact that the Arneson Surface Drive's have benefits is often over shadow'd by the boat manufacturer needing to make a sale and make one as easy as possible. We totally understand this and accept this as short of offering an engine package ourselves there is little we can do about it. This is why with the diesel engine market we have a larger presence with the diesel engine companies only making an engine, they need a partner from the rest of the propulsion package. Hence we make a great marriage partner for those applications.

Arneson offers ten different size drive units, ranging from our smallest ASD6 to our larges ASD18 which is rated at 40,000 ft/lbs of input torque. Our smallest drives, ASD6, #7M and ASD8 are offered in a drop box version for gas/petrol engine applications. These are also fully RH or LH rotation with reduction built into them as well.

Rik
I think you and Eddie should team up.....I hear that Louies boat is a rocket!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TRL505
Louie's boat is extremely quick and Eddie says it tracks straight and turns on a dime...
Old 07-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Louie's boat is extremely quick and Eddie says it tracks straight and turns on a dime...
My 32 tracks straight and turns on dime
Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Pro1
My 32 tracks straight and turns on dime
Shhhh..... Your starting rumors that all the experts claim is not true!!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

That's putting it mildly. That thing is stupid fast.....and it's still got a ways to go.

Originally Posted by Rik
I have NEVER been in a cat that handled like that. We did things in that boat that I wouldn't even consider in other boats.....like taking a 60* corner on a 75 yard wide river at over 160 mph. And did like it was nothing. If you would have told me earlier that day that we would be doing that, I would have told you to F off. After we did it, I just wanted to turn around and do it again.......and we did. That boat with those drives (and my engines , is an absolute home run. I can't wait to get it to the Shootout and let it stretch it's legs. Gonna be fun.
Eddie
Old 07-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
That's putting it mildly. That thing is stupid fast.....and it's still got a ways to go.

I have NEVER been in a cat that handled like that. We did things in that boat that I wouldn't even consider in other boats.....like taking a 60* corner on a 75 yard wide river at over 160 mph. And did like it was nothing. If you would have told me earlier that day that we would be doing that, I would have told you to F off. After we did it, I just wanted to turn around and do it again.......and we did. That boat with those drives (and my engines , is an absolute home run. I can't wait to get it to the Shootout and let it stretch it's legs. Gonna be fun.
Eddie
I would say its more the drives....and not so much the engines....
Old 07-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

I would have to agree
Old 07-25-2013, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds like a NHRA dragster and throws a rooster that will make your shorts move!!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Hopefully we can get some propellers for Louie that will work for the shoot out... Taching out 41's is beyond expectations.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Is this the boat that came past me on the Kenosha poker run and went by so fast it almost spun me around?

Kris Vogt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.