Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Rumor has it Velocity Powerboats Sold... >

Rumor has it Velocity Powerboats Sold...

Notices

Rumor has it Velocity Powerboats Sold...

Old 08-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talked with kenny today , its is sold. My buddy and me have bought 3 boats from them , Steve and Kenny are 1st class guys. I hope they stick around they have have bent over backwards for me and my friends over the years with service and advice. I would buy another boat from them anytime.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I hope the new owners are as smart about the business and Velocity brand as Steve was. After ~ 35 years building Velocity/Thoroughbred boats, Steve definitely earned a break however I expect he'll keep working as that's his nature. Best wishes to the Stepps, Kenny and the new owners!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 180 Posts

Best of luck to Steve. I retired this year so I guess I can't fault him. Steve has always been great and willing to talk, answer questions and share knowledge. He will be missed.

I will say I am worried about new owners screwing up a brilliant design.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is some recent info off the Velocity Website

We are excited to announce new blood and new owners at Velocity Powerboats. On July 31, 2013 Steve Stepp, former offshore world champion officially transferred ownership of Velocity Powerboats to new owners Brad Resch and Scott Tubbs.

"Our direction and game plan right now is to diversify with a new model line for 2014 including some traditional models Velocity is know for plus some new models to expand into other segments of the industry." -Brad Resch, President and CEO.

Under the new ownership Steve Stepp will remain in the senior ranks as Design Consultant taking new concepts and making them a reality with his long-time expertise and skill.

"With the company's heritage, Steve's engineering expertise and a revised line-up complete with new design concepts we are poised to take Velocity to the next level." -Scott Tubbs, Vice President Sales & Operations

"I am excited for both Brad & Scott and Velocity! After 35 years of building Velocity and a total of 51 years in the marine industry, it's time for me to back off the throttle - a little. I will remain actively involved with Velocity for at least more years and look forward to seeing the brand continue and grow!" Steve Stepp

Continue to check-in frequently for the most recent announcements and updates
Old 08-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Does anyone know what the background of the new owners are?