Notices
View Poll Results: What would you do
Do nothing, it was a juvenile joke
0%
Warn your daughter to stay away from him
13.16%
Show the message to his parents
42.11%
Explain to the boy that if it happens again you will cause him pain (i'm serious)
44.74%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Poll for the Dads out there

Old 08-02-2002, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT: Poll for the Dads out there

You've just discovered an instant message from a trouble making kid inviting your young teen daughter over to his place to perform a service. Of course, your daughter ingnores him, but you're still pissed. The obvious answer is to go rip his lungs out. Prefering not to go to jail, or cause problems for your daughter, what would you do?

Serious responses in the vote please!!

Last edited by Frequency; 08-02-2002 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Boys will be boys, not that is right but your daughter will be exposed to this behaviour for some time to come. Teach her how to deal with as you will not always be around when it occurs.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you realize how good of a daughter you have. 1) She said no, and 2) You were told of the issue (don't know who told you).

I dissagree with the statement, "boys will be boys". How are we raising our boys? I do agree that your daughter will be exposed to other incidents too. Yet, that does not make it right.

I would let the parents of this boy know what happened. The boy needs to know that he was wrong and he should not do this crap. Likewise, the parents should know what their boy is doing when no one is looking. I am sure there are other things he is doing on the computer that mom and dad may not know about.

If you don't say something then what will this boy be doing in the next few years????? Maybe nothing to girls or may be a lot.

I do have a daughter and it would be hard NOT to go to this boys' parents house and put my foot up someone's ass!!!! Your feelings are felt!!!!!!!

I have a son. If he did something like this, I would put my foot up his ass!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 03:52 PM
Registered

my response as the father of a 16yr boy
" way to go son" a chip off the ole block!!!

my response as the father of a 12yr girl
i'll kill the little SOB

only kidding,

Mattyboy
Old 08-02-2002, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Too Old
I'd let the kid know he was busted. I'd tell him I expected an apology to my daughter and better behavior in the future. Tell him if he fails to comply, you're going to come over to his house and have a little "sit down" with both his Mom and Dad.
I'm saving this because that's what I'm going to do in about ten years. Thanks.
Old 08-02-2002, 03:58 PM
DYTMAGIC

I'd email the kid back and let him know whats up. Fear is the best form of discipline. If you put some fear into him, he'll know better the next time.

Old 08-02-2002, 04:37 PM
Registered

Save the Instant Message. Confront the boy, and tell him that if you find out he has been anywhere near your daughter before her 18th birthday, you will show the message to his parents.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Registered

Okay...none of YOU guys ever did anything like that when you were young, right? Oh how quickly we forget our youth.

And it sounded to me like that instant message wasn't GIVEN to my pal Frequency (by the way...did you check out the Envision thread?)....he stated he "discovered" it.

Tough call....I'd commend your daughter for her actions...and probably e-mail the little bastard back with the implied threat that the next time you see another e-mail like that you'll be sending it to his parents.
Old 08-02-2002, 05:35 PM
Registered

I tend to "follow in the footsteps" of my kids internet activities. It amazes me to think how many parents think their kids are safe at home on the computer.

My wife doesn't want me to rock the boat and make trouble for the girls, but I think this kid should know that I'm watching him. When you're in junior high, the trouble makers are the "cool" ones. Makes it tough......
Old 08-02-2002, 05:54 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Too Old
I'd let the kid know he was busted. I'd tell him I expected an apology to my daughter and better behavior in the future. Tell him if he fails to comply, you're going to come over to his house and have a little "sit down" with both his Mom and Dad.

Very well said whether you have boys or girls. Bad behavior does not sit well with me. I take this same approach with my three boys. Being BUSTED without getting into trouble is the best wake up call for anyone.

Quick Reply: OT: Poll for the Dads out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.