Notices

35K to 80mph??

Old 08-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Have you looked at an Eliminator 250 Eagle? They will do close to 80mph stock & with a few mods,(tabs, hydraulic steering) they are good to go. (To that speed, you need to be able to drive to push them into the 90s). You should be able to find one in that price range pretty easily. But mine is not for sale. Randy
I haven't, but I will now, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Registered

There was a scarab P29 in maryland for low 30's prior to pop yachts listing it. Meets all of your requirements. I just bought a P29 and I love this boat.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike A.
My Corsa fits most of that bill, except for the cuddy and swim platform, which can be added and you'd still be way under budget.
A non-"useable" cuddy won't work unfortunately. If it is pm details, thanks.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

for what you want you should be able to find something in the 1995-2000 range. I know some people hem and haw about older boats. But really if its in good shape and mechanically sound I dont see the problem. Of course older boats have more chance of abuse, rot, and wear and tear. But get a survey. More times then not you can get relatively the same boat for a fraction of the price of newer and do the same thing. heck my 91 only has 400hours on it, my 93 crownline had 45hrs when I bought it, thing was out of the box. Boat have not changed much in the last 20 years. They all cost money and depreiate etc. But for what you want I would say 25-29 foot. Start getting into the 28ish and above your possibly looking at a diesel to haul it. Either way to hit 80 your beyond stock engines at that point, which comes a lot of fun, but also some more $$. Any Baja would fit the bill. But I would look at the Formula 271 and the fountain 27 and 29 fever, all can be had for your budget.

keep in mind tow vehicle I dont know what you have. The 35ft lighting weighs 8400lbs dry. Plus fluids trailer your easily looking at 11k-12k in weight. Which means a 3/4 ton or better. I tow my 29 Fever with an ecoboost and does great, but my total rig probably is close to 9-9500 said said and done. I wouldnt want to go anymore with it. So any boat over 8 grand in weight is going to dictate a diesel for ya.

Last edited by soldier4402; 08-08-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
Always remember you get ya pay for, from what I have seen for sale you will not find many boats that meet your standards in that price range that are not in the mid 90's model years and need rehabbed
Agreed, but the budget is the budget.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soldier4402
for what you want you should be able to find something in the 1995-2000 range. I know some people hem and haw about older boats. But really if its in good shape and mechanically sound I dont see the problem. Of course older boats have more chance of abuse, rot, and wear and tear. But get a survey. More times then not you can get relatively the same boat for a fraction of the price of newer and do the same thing. heck my 91 only has 400hours on it, my 93 crownline had 45hrs when I bought it, thing was out of the box. Boat have not changed much in the last 20 years. They all cost money and depreiate etc. But for what you want I would say 25-29 foot. Start getting into the 28ish and above your possibly looking at a diesel to haul it. Either way to hit 80 your beyond stock engines at that point, which comes a lot of fun, but also some more $$. Any Baja would fit the bill. But I would look at the Formula 271 and the fountain 27 and 29 fever, all can be had for your budget.

keep in mind tow vehicle I dont know what you have. The 35ft lighting weighs 8400lbs dry. Plus fluids trailer your easily looking at 11k-12k in weight. Which means a 3/4 ton or better. I tow my 29 Fever with an ecoboost and does great, but my total rig probably is close to 9-9500 said said and done. I wouldnt want to go anymore with it. So any boat over 8 grand in weight is going to dictate a diesel for ya.
I agree. I purchased a super clean 1991 32' Fountain in March for a good price. I was in the same budget and I am very happy with my decision. I'd rather have an old boat that has been babied then a relatively new boat that has been beat up for the same price. Also, an older boat can be easier to turn wrenches on if you do it yourself, just my .02.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nothing against New. Chances of a newer boat being better in condition is greater no doubt. But I have parked next to boats that were 2-3 years old and looked like they went to Iraq and back. My buddies old boat was 5 years old and mine was in much better shape. its all how the stuff is treated. Me personally we can boat up here tops 4 months of the year, really with 3 months being good boating. I could go out and spend big money on a boat that is newer, but with the limited boating season I dont see the sense in it. Plus I like to spread my money out on other things like snowmobiles, trailers, etc. So for me one big ticket item is not worth multiple lower ticket items. and really my boat looks the same has the same power goes the same speed as one thats 10 years newer, nobody know the difference only the title says the year. Most people that comment on my boat say the boat is 98, 2000, actually had a guy think it was a 2005 once. So really I dont care. So I dont think age should be factor, work within your budget to find the best boat you can regardless of how old it is.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 4,974 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
Why would he want to remove his head from his ass. He is just following your lead as that is obviously where your head is! What is this Douche bag week on OSO. I would hate to see what you edited out if you think this is acceptable behavior. This site is definately scraping the bottom these days.

Bob don't like this!
I have a little more info on this fella BAAAAAB than you but thanx for your imput!

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 4,974 Likes on 1,403 Posts

I see

Originally Posted by ajexpress
. He obviously hasn't read the whole thread because no where did I say the beam was a deal breaker.

I hope you're not serious. Me purchasing or not purchasing your old boat has nothing to do with 4".

Only requirement it doesn't fit is the beam.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I see
Soooo I pointed out that it doesn't meet one of the requirements I posted, never said it was a deal breaker.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.