Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall

Notices

Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall

Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Johnson
New "King of Offshore" documentary coming soon on the life of the legendary Reggie Fountain. Check out the trailer for the documentary in this story...

http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ming-this-fall

Personally, I have owned a dozen fountain boats over the past couple of decades. Reggie was incredibly supportive with each of my pleasure boats, customized race boats and the design of new race/pleasure boats. Now he loves to chat about the other boat designs that we are experimenting with. I have been fortunate to know him as a boat builder, a competitor ,a friend and as a patient. This is well deserved.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Aronow definitely built some phenomenal boats and companies. I still think Reggie's is king of offshore unless someone can challenge his number of wins both personally and as a manufacturer.
Take all Reggie's trophies; that should fill a 30 yard container level. Take all his gold jewelry; that should fill a 40 yard container level. Take all the mirrors he has ever gazed into seemingly endlessly; let's hope we can fit them into two 40 yard containers level. Stack them on top of one another. Place Reggie on top of them, standing on his tiptoes, stretching out, reaching upwards. He still can not touch the soles of Don Aronow's boots. That is how far he is from being the King of Offshore.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Be nice DOC to watch
Old 08-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Saratoga Stamped
Personally, I have owned a dozen fountain boats over the past couple of decades. Reggie was incredibly supportive with each of my pleasure boats, customized race boats and the design of new race/pleasure boats. Now he loves to chat about the other boat designs that we are experimenting with. I have been fortunate to know him as a boat builder, a competitor ,a friend and as a patient. This is well deserved.
Isn't that a HIPPA violation????
Old 08-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Take all Reggie's trophies; that should fill a 30 yard container level. Take all his gold jewelry; that should fill a 40 yard container level. Take all the mirrors he has ever gazed into seemingly endlessly; let's hope we can fit them into two 40 yard containers level. Stack them on top of one another. Place Reggie on top of them, standing on his tiptoes, stretching out, reaching upwards. He still can not touch the soles of Don Aronow's boots. That is how far he is from being the King of Offshore.
How many trophies did don win? Sorry. In my eyes Reggie is king. So take all your insults elsewhere
Old 08-20-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need to turn this into a Aronow vs Fountain thread, that is an Apples to Oranges Comparison, they both have earned our respect for their accomplishments and what they have given to our sport.

Cheers,

Dave
Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
How many trophies did don win? Sorry. In my eyes Reggie is king. So take all your insults elsewhere!
Trophies? That's what you want? They are in the 30 yard container.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 08-20-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 264 Likes on 118 Posts

Commanche3Six,

I am stunned that you have such a dislike for Mr. Fountain. I met Aronow as a child when my father bought a 20' Cigarette new from the factory in 1973. I had also was a driver and passenger in a 27' Magnum for 19 years, and had an 18' Donzi as a summer play toy for many years, so I do know a little about Aronow products, and I love Cigarette boats, Don is certainly the Father of offshore performance boats to me that is a given but, Reggie deserves whatever accolades that are bestowed upon him, his boats performed, his boats went fast, his boats won countless races in a variety of classes, and on Sunday afternoons for many years when me and my father we looking for a boat to race on a Sunday afternoon, the Fountain pleasure boats were a constant we could count on to find someone to race, and were typically the fastest V bottoms out there in the waters of southern NJ, the Delaware River, and Northern Chesapeake were we boated.

Reggie Fountain drove and WON in tunnel boats, in the V's, and in the cataramarans too, he is the real deal, he won everything he drove, he he raised the bar for the performance industry with his own boatline. I really did not like his hair-style or the gold-chains, but his appearance was very effective in getting your attention as well as his charismatic personality (the man is and was a winner and he knew it) that man is a winner, and always found a way to win, and for that yeah, the title King of Offshore is a reasonable title. And for that I do admire his accomplishments, and respect his achievements. I met him once he was very nice and cordial to me, so for me yeah the documentary I think will be pretty cool if it is-was produced correctly.

There should be a documentary-history done about Peter Hedlin at Skater, now that would be an eye-catcher, but I digress from the topic of this thread Reggie Fountain. I realize there is nothing I can say or type that would ever persuade you to change your opinion and that is what makes this site interesting to me is good natured the banter for those who disagree. There is typically no luke-warm opinion about Reggie Fountain you either like him or hate him, and I do like him, and his boats.

My $.02 thought for the day
Attached Thumbnails Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall-rb1.jpg   Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall-rb2.jpg   Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall-rb3.jpg  

Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall-rb4.jpg   Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall-rb5.jpg  

Last edited by Smarty; 08-20-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 08-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,910 Likes on 1,320 Posts

Few if any high-performance powerboat industry icons elicit more emotional response than Reggie Fountain and Don Aronow. That in and of itself means something on the impact, positive or negative, of both in the go-fast powerboat world. Who had "more" impact? I'm not sure the question even matters. Both had significant impact. Fountain is a legendary figure in our world. Aronow was a legendary figure in our world. Take away the contributions of either and that world would be less than it is.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe Reggie should also get a Trophy for being a little smarter then most and staying alive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.