Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall >

Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall

Notices

Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall

Old 01-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
feel free to visit the fountain section every once in awhile....just take your shoes off at the door.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...l-boat-go.html

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ache-inxs.html
ohio steel is the only fountain inxs is an apache!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 147 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Inxs fountain

47 fountain
Attached Thumbnails Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall-image.jpg  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinball
ohio steel is the only fountain inxs is an apache!

You are incorrect.
Old 01-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay - No question Don did make a HUGE contribution to the sport at an early stage. By 1973 more than 50% of the high performance offshore product were produced by companies he founded. By the time Reggie hits the scene (no one can argue) the field is a lot wider and his product becomes just as dominant (on the race course and in the market place). So maybe we can agree that they were different guys at different times in an ever evolving sport.

Now for all you "Well if Don had not been killed then........" Lets discuss that, in order for Don to have not been executed it would mean his deal with Kramer was beneficial to both parties (or at least Kramer did not feel screwed). Follow that to its likely conclusion. When the Feds roll in Don gets wrapped with Money Laundering and Racketeering charges just like everyone else that had positive business relationships with Kramer. If you examine the relationships in the totality of the time and understand the circumstance of his death, I would assert his execution most definitely protected and somewhat defined his legend.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,098 Likes on 294 Posts

now your just talking about who has the most cash. you might as well throw gieco in the mix
I disagree.
I do not think Al Copeland, although one hell of a guy, was the king of offshore, and I doubt anybody has outspent him.
I love the ingenuity of the Gentry stuff. Wasn't a Merc part on his boats, I love that.
Not to mention the Trans-Atlantic crossing.
We had two Gentry Turbo 509s in our shop, very cool engines.
His own engines, his own drives, his own everything...and winning with it. That's amazing to me.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smarty, did you and you're father run the boat called Hairy Canary. If so nice to see you are still around, you're father was a good guy.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Registered

You are incorrect.
not acording to the one from your thread #61
Old 01-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 264 Likes on 118 Posts

jackieboy;
Smarty, did you and you're father run the boat called Hairy Canary. If so nice to see you are still around, you're father was a good guy

Here is a picture of the "Hairy Canary," my late father (he passed away in 2008 due to cancer-melanoma) working/installing new rub-rail on the Phantom, and two aerial shots of me driving and my father as the passenger/owner of the Phantom on the Elk River (MD) in 2007, his last summer of boating, and the Phantom with me driving, with new graphics (red graphics) at Somers Point (NJ). He was a good guy, and he liked Reggie Fountain (or at least his boats, thank God for 33' and 35' - we raced many of that model)

I see you are in Gloucester, I like Gloucester City, I go to court there all the time for clients (I am a DUI-traffic-criminal defense attorney), I recently spent a Saturday night at Max's then went to Caps to play pool and drink beer. Nice Irish town.

Stephen
Attached Thumbnails Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall-my-father-medium-.jpg   Reggie Fountain 'King of Offshore' Documentary Coming this Fall-100_1275nice.jpg  
Attached Images    

Last edited by Smarty; 01-18-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

not acording to the one from your thread #61

No grasshopper he was also referring to the X Racer Dealer. Considering the Inxs Fountain is less tha n two hours from me I am fully aware of it as well. It was a 30sec search of Founatian race boats. I invited you to the Fountain section last night.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/
Old 01-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Registered

No grasshopper he was also referring to the X Racer Dealer. Considering the Inxs Fountain is less tha n two hours from me I am fully aware of it as well. It was a 30sec search of Founatian race boats. I invited you to the Fountain section last night.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/fountain-37/
i found it further along the pic on the dock
beautiful boat!

Last edited by pinball; 01-20-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.