Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by riverboater
stainless marine makes good exhaust been around for a long time ,just saying
x2
Old 09-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These manifolds are ugly as hell... That being said, they work and they work well. People have them on applications up to 1600hp without issue or failure. I would say they are as reliable as stainless marine, havent heard or read of any issues with this exhaust. They were discontinued for a while then they just popped back up.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe that these are the same castings that were the KE headers. Bill purchased the castings then starting making them again I think. Don't hold me to that though. Talk to jetmech737 on here he has them on his scarab. They definitely sound awesome.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Or i go dry set up with other make of headers ?? Have plenty of room near the motor .

Any suggestions ?
Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 196 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
I believe that these are the same castings that were the KE headers. Bill purchased the castings then starting making them again I think. Don't hold me to that though. Talk to jetmech737 on here he has them on his scarab. They definitely sound awesome.
Correct. Bill and I discussed this at fair length a year or so ago when I called to order some parts for my original KEs. The only thing bad with the originals was the water distrubution tees are/were thin aluminum and prone to corroding. I replaced mine with stainless and I believe Bills intent was to supply stainless on his new ones.

My originals are 13 yrs old (knock on wood) dry to the tip, and have no issues. They are on NA 600 HP motors. The only ones I have heard of failing, were ones that burnt/melted due to overheating/water starvation.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scarabman
Correct. Bill and I discussed this at fair length a year or so ago when I called to order some parts for my original KEs. The only thing bad with the originals was the water distrubution tees are/were thin aluminum and prone to corroding. I replaced mine with stainless and I believe Bills intent was to supply stainless on his new ones.

My originals are 13 yrs old (knock on wood) dry to the tip, and have no issues. They are on NA 600 HP motors. The only ones I have heard of failing, were ones that burnt/melted due to overheating/water starvation.
With full length individual runners they are definitely going to make good power. And no different then the imco power flows that corrode right where the riser meets the manifold. I've also heard they are very durable. Hard to find that in many exhaust systems.