Notices

Marine Stereo Question

Old 09-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mlb75
IP700i for me, right now I'm waiting for the interface cable then I should be able to control it from my Garmin as well.
What interface cable? And what model Garmin do you have? As far as I know only 6000 & 7000 series have the software updates to control the Fusion head units right now. I have a 5208 and have been waiting for the update...did I miss it?
Old 09-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

How do you store you boat? Is it outdoors hanging over water constantly exposed to humidity?

Assuming the stereo is in the cabin, you don't really need a marine grade stereo; especially if you store the boat indoors.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonmd2
What interface cable? And what model Garmin do you have? As far as I know only 6000 & 7000 series have the software updates to control the Fusion head units right now. I have a 5208 and have been waiting for the update...did I miss it?
You will need a nmea2000 drop cable to go from the Fusion to the garmin backbone. i do not think Garmin will have software for the 5000 series. 8000 series coming soon. If you have a Furuno or Raymarine e series you can interface to the Fusion through the network cabling. Those products have a much better interface like the phone app.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
You will need a nmea2000 drop cable to go from the Fusion to the garmin backbone. i do not think Garmin will have software for the 5000 series. 8000 series coming soon. If you have a Furuno or Raymarine e series you can interface to the Fusion through the network cabling. Those products have a much better interface like the phone app.
Yeah I have the NMEA cable and its already connected to the backbone, that's how the remote is connected to.

I was told by Garmin that the update for the 4000/5000 series was coming by the end of the year...I hope they weren't just yanking my chain