Notices

Lake of the ozarks

Old 09-18-2013, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 435 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by ChargeIt
LOTO does have some interesting history......and some interesting people, especially in the upper mile markers....cue banjo music

but winters are not THAT bad, Joey. Its not tropical costal but not Minnesota either.
Snow like that is exceptional and does not happen but every couple years. Even when it does come down, it usually disappears fast. Ozarks are rarely bitter cold but can get down enough to cover coves in ice at some point every year. (not thick enough a person can venture far from shore usually) Main channel icing takes an exceptional year.

No hurricanes to deal with and best of all, NO SALTWATER!

Every location has its plus and minus, just depends on how an individual rates each point.

Nice thing about both locations is there are tons of vacation home possibilities. Its not hard to rent a place for a month and enjoy either location.
Ditto! If you are coming up from Florida, the winters might seem long and cold, but it is really not that bad. For anybody willing to gamble, I would bet a bunch of $$$ that you will see the sun more than 22 times from November through March.

That said, south Florida sure is nice that time of year! we are hoping to get back down in March.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here let me post a few more for all, the last winter we "lived fulltime" at LOTO we got snowed in for three days, that was it, the snow removal was terrible in Camden County where we lived, the cold weather doesn't bother some folks like others, but I'll be just fine boating down here in January instead of shoveling snow up North, be safe in the ice and snow this winter guys.

Like I said, we love Missouri and LOTO, just not from Dec-March, I'm just fine down here.

YOU BETTER COUNT THOSE SUNNY DAYS THIS WINTER, BECAUSE THE SUN WON'T BE OUT MORE THEN ONE DAY A WEEK AND THAT'S WHAT'S THE WORST.

Last edited by 314joey; 09-18-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

The lake has some interesting history for sure.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by eddie
The lake has some interesting history for sure.
Mike (I.CU.) some things are interesting for sure.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Definitely gotta try to get up there and check it out.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I tried PMing you the other day and it wouldn't let me, what's up, your box full.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Don't let all those snow pictures hold you back. The last 2 years we have been able to squeeze a boat ride in every month during winter. That storm that Joey posted about wrecked the entire lake area. It was a mad house to around here. I have boated all over the Country and love coming back home to LOTO.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
You should see me shoveling the snow off the dock so it doesn't get to heavy and sink it, ice and snow isn't fun when you're grown up.

Yes, that's the lake frozen over and that's my neighbor with a gas powered chainsaw cutting ths ice so it breaks up so it doesn't crush all our docks, like I said winters suck in the midwest or we wouldn't have bought a house down here where it's warm, the Shootout and Summer is great fun, but living there 12 months of the year, not for me anymore, think about it, it's a big move.

If you're a cold weather person it's not for you and what's even worse from November to March you "MIGHT" see the sun one day of the week, we call St. Louis (St. Gloomis) because the sun doesn't come back out until April, we're spoiled down here, the sun is out everyday, get ready for darkness and good luck.
Try living in Cleveland, Ohio make LOTO look like FL..... yes if you live in FL. DO NOT move north, you will hate life, only good thing is boat sits for a few months, allowing to save money and fix boat!!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Full Force
Try living in Cleveland, Ohio make LOTO look like FL..... yes if you live in FL. DO NOT move north, you will hate life, only good thing is boat sits for a few months, allowing to save money and fix boat!!
You made my point, if you're from the midwest you can survive the winters and if you're a weekend at the Lake is different too, but if you live there fulltime is harder, EVEN THOUGHT LOTO IS ONE OF THE BEST BOATING PLACES IN THE US TO BOAT IN THE SUMMER, when you get snowed in for days at a time because the county does a crappy job plowing it's not that much fun.

FYI, it's tons easier for Brett to boat all year he has 5 guys waiting back at the shop (PBC) to winterize whatever boat they took out that winter day, the average joe doesn't have to facilities or people to do that.

The last two winters have been mild, but the three before that were "KILLERS" ice and snow crushed hundreds of hundreds of docks and boats and that the facts, my advice would be to try it first for a few weeks before you jump in and if you do buy a 4x4 truck, you'll probably going to need it sometime next winter.

And again, we love LOTO, we're coming back to buy a condo, but only for the four summer months, good luck.

BTW, I didn't photoshop these photos, there pics from a few winters ago looking at my dock, scary huh.

Apparently, some folks thinking I'm bashing the Midwest, Missouri or LOTO and I'm not, we love LOTO, why say I'm bashing if I state facts and my opinion, oh, that's right some people don't get to have their own opinions.

Last edited by 314joey; 09-19-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
You made my point, if you're from the midwest you can survive the winters and if you're a weekend at the Lake is different too, but if you live there fulltime is harder, EVEN THOUGHT LOTO IS ONE OF THE BEST BOATING PLACES IN THE US TO BOAT IN THE SUMMER, when you get snowed in for days at a time because the county does a crappy job plowing it's not that much fun.

FYI, it's tons easier for Brett to boat all year he has 5 guys waiting back at the shop (PBC) to winterize whatever boat they took out that winter day, the average joe doesn't have to facilities or people to do that.

The last two winters have been mild, but the three before that were "KILLERS" ice and snow crushed hundreds of hundreds of docks and boats and that the facts, my advice would be to try it first for a few weeks before you jump in and if you do buy a 4x4 truck, you'll probably going to need it sometime next winter.

And again, we love LOTO, we're coming back to buy a condo, but only for the four summer months, good luck.

BTW, I didn't photoshop these photos, there pics from a few winters ago looking at my dock, scary huh.

Apparently, some folks thinking I'm bashing the Midwest, Missouri or LOTO and I'm not, we love LOTO, why say I'm bashing if I state facts and my opinion, oh, that's right some people don't get to have their own opinions.
Not trying to argue at all but Brett's customers that do inside winter storage at PBC get to enjoy that privilege also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.