Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps) >

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Notices

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Old 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Jim usually when they act like that its jealousy!!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:54 PM
mxz
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Keep meaning to do that, just haven't taken the "right" pic yet...that could be shared on a public forum..ha, ha!!

Maybe this cropped down teaser will tide you over until I get the right shots worthy of the Boater Girl thread!.

Back on topic, seeing hot girls in bikinis all year is reason enough to live in Florida...and just like the great boating, that never gets "old" !!

Cheers,

Dave
You could always PM me the "not safe" for public forum or the uncropped version of the posted pic. She is beautiful. Hope to see some in the "Boater Girl" thread.

Ok back on topic....... sorry for the hijack Joey.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
I'm thinking most folks would love the have place back at home (where they grew up) and if it's a cold weather city would want a warm place for the winter months, that's what we're doing, but some people just can't be happy for others that get their dream, I'm thrilled for them when someone gets their dream boat or house, other not so much,........................................ mean people just SUCK.
I am crashing at your house this winter. lol
Old 09-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Jim usually when they act like that its jealousy!!
Apparently, I'm always the first to congrats someone on their dream "whatever" I think it's cool and am happy for anyone that can fulfill their dreams.

Originally Posted by mxz
You could always PM me the "not safe" for public forum or the uncropped version of the posted pic. She is beautiful. Hope to see some in the "Boater Girl" thread.

Ok back on topic....... sorry for the hijack Joey.
No apology needed when it's for a pretty lady.

Originally Posted by BobbyB
I am crashing at your house this winter. lol
Come on.

Last edited by 314joey; 09-19-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
I get the question all the time, i love it up here and i think the Great Lakes is some of the best boating anywhere. I also like the change in seasons and dont mind the cold one bit in fact i actually like driving in deep snow (all i have ever had is 4x4 suv's and trucks) truth be told i need the five months off to fix all the crap i broke in the summer (yes i said five months, we start in the cold and end in the cold )
Couldn't agree more. 100%
Old 09-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 462 Likes on 194 Posts

I could see living at LOTO for 8 months out of the year (I would not want to miss spring or fall especially) and then heading south for the brunt of winter. The Cape Coral/Fort Meyers area has always been a favorite of ours due to not just the wintertime weather and boating, but all of the fishing opportunities between the mainland and the barrier islands. It also allows day trips to Miami or up to Orlando if one desires. They keys are also awesome (especially the mid-keys), but I think that I might get a bit stir crazy.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Given the fact I am self-employed I have a 5 year plan.

In a NORMAL real estate market I have about zero business from June 1st-Sept 1st as people assess hurricane season. That scenario would(will) allow me to head to LOTO for Memorial Day and return to S Fla. right after Labor Day.

I watch the market there weekly and figure a nice townhouse with a dock will work out real well.

Lol we watch that market there often too.

Saw a 2/2 condo with dock at Osage beach for $136k....nothing crazy but enough for just me and the GF.....so tempting.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Lol we watch that market there often too.

Saw a 2/2 condo with dock at Osage beach for $136k....nothing crazy but enough for just me and the GF.....so tempting.
Nate, you talking fulltime or what kind of %
Old 09-19-2013, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maui,Hi
Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have lived in SE Florida since 1976...most of my adult life. I moved here from North Alabama because I didn't like the weather there from November thru March. I arrived here om business in January of 1976 and fell in love with the area.

Simple answer...warm as opposed to cold. This is a boaters paradise. Year round tropical boating. With a trailer boat you can go anywhere...Keys, East Coast, West Coast Gulf of Mexico. If you have a smaller Bass Boat you can run Lake Okeechobee and the Glades...and do it year round.

Occasionally...we go to Colorado or Utah to Ski in the Winter. It's nice for a few days but it's always nice to step off the plane in mid February and feel that 80* warmth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.