Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps) >

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Notices

Where would you rather live (warm/cold temps)

Old 09-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
Nate, you talking fulltime or what kind of %
I would want vaca home....she wants full time.

Realistic life though it would be a vaca home...for us a time share would actually work best. We are young and both work. To go back and forth would be too much at this point in our life.

Owning and renting it out was an idea as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am I the only west coaster on here? Keep home in north idaho (I know river/lake boating isn't the same as ocean boating) and get a place in San Diego. We are empty nesters next month and that is exactly what we are trying to do. But wait does that mean we need two boats
Old 09-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Registered

I live in Upstate NY right by Lake Ontario and the boating is great here, close by enough to go to the 1000 islands or to go down to buffalo. Lots of small lakes like the finger lakes that are great to boat in and a ton of others. The downfall you only get 3 decent months to boat 5 if you are a die hard, but between the fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, skiing, dirt bikes, four wheelers, you get threw the other months. The worst part you never know when you will get 2 or 3 foot of snow in the winter. If i was going to move it would most likely be to the Carolina's or Florida. I dont mind the heat played a lot of soccer tournaments in Florida in July and lived threw them lol
Old 09-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
I would want vaca home....she wants full time.

Realistic life though it would be a vaca home...for us a time share would actually work best. We are young and both work. To go back and forth would be too much at this point in our life.

Owning and renting it out was an idea as well.
If you went fulltime could you both find jobs up at LOTO, I don't know what you guys do, but good paying jobs are scarce,..........sounding like the owning and renting is the way to go for you guys, good luck, LOTO is the best.

Originally Posted by North Idaho
Am I the only west coaster on here? Keep home in north idaho (I know river/lake boating isn't the same as ocean boating) and get a place in San Diego. We are empty nesters next month and that is exactly what we are trying to do. But wait does that mean we need two boats
We thought about two boats, but then it's two more of everything, we'll be hauling our boat back and forth.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Now that I know Jim is gonna be in loto part time I have a place to stay if I go!!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

I really love and embrace the 4 seasons we have in Mi, I hunt in the fall, ride snowmobiles in winter and boat In the summer. I wish winter was 2 months longer and summer was 1 month longer, that would be perfect!!! I lived in Illinois and it was similar to MI but more crowded, lived in CA, couldn't leave fast enough and lived in VA which I hated the most out of all places I ever lived. There are good points to all states, if someone lives where they are un-happy they should make the move to where they want to live, its tough to do but live your dreams!!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny, I just happen to catch this commercial a moment ago....pretty much sums up the topic of this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g9MMpnj3EY

Cheers,

Dave
Old 09-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Now that I know Jim is gonna be in loto part time I have a place to stay if I go!!
When we get all squared away, your welcome to come.

Originally Posted by articfriends
I really love and embrace the 4 seasons we have in Mi, I hunt in the fall, ride snowmobiles in winter and boat In the summer. I wish winter was 2 months longer and summer was 1 month longer, that would be perfect!!! I lived in Illinois and it was similar to MI but more crowded, lived in CA, couldn't leave fast enough and lived in VA which I hated the most out of all places I ever lived. There are good points to all states, if someone lives where they are un-happy they should make the move to where they want to live, its tough to do but live your dreams!!
I agree, everyone should follow their dreams whatever it is.

Originally Posted by 78CIG24
Funny, I just happen to catch this commercial a moment ago....pretty much sums up the topic of this thread

Cheers,

Dave
Cool vid, loved it.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by North Idaho
I love San Diego! my aunt moved there 10 years ago, she said she will never leae, I really enjoyed visiting her there, great place!!! helps we are 5 years apart so lifestyle is similar lots of bewzing and water!!
Old 09-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 209 Likes on 133 Posts

I love the great lakes, the winters suck but it helps fix chit like Glassdave said, just have to keep yourself busy, but then again, I also love any place that has palm trees, southern FL. would be a destination later in life once I don't have family keeping me north!!

I LOVE FL.... and San Diego... best 2 places I ever been...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.