Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many of you occasionally boat alone? >

How many of you occasionally boat alone?

Notices

How many of you occasionally boat alone?

Old 09-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

I love being out on the boat by myself. I figuratively call it "church" as it's my time to take it "all" in; life, and in particular my life. (And be thankful for such.)

Alternatively, I find myself in the car/truck alone almost all the time, and cherish the opportunity to have a passenger.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I like going out alone from time to time...use to a lot more often when I didn't live on the water LOL. something about running alone that calms me down and helps me unwind and relax...stress relief for sure!!! even if it's at 70+mph, the sound of big blocks at 3500+ or screaming outboards is soothing to me
Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always gone out alone. Used to be gone for a few days bouncing around from place to place. I always wear a pfd and tether with or without passengers. Bigger boats can be intimidating for some to launch and retrieve solo but I have a system that makes it look easy lol.

Going out in an hour to put the steering pump on and heading out alone for a few hours.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
I do it also, heck when we go to the Bahamas 150 miles out I prefer to go it alone, better to send the wife and her friends over by plane, then I don't have to worry about how rough it is. Did it 3 times this summer myself. For normal boating I only do it if i am working on the boat/engines or testing something, no trouble finding friends to go out with here. But i do enjoy the quiet being out there alone.
Purchased a place in Boynton Beach relocating for the winter where to go in SE FL to meet fellow boaters? Thanks Keith
Old 09-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Get a boating girlfriend

You know what they say. If you feed your man at home he wouldn't go out to eat. lol
Old 09-21-2013, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I've been out alone plenty. Luckily my wife loves the boat but she does work 3 days a week and I have definitely went out on boat while she was at work. A lot of times I go run around a bit then just shut it down and drift around relaxing!!
Old 09-21-2013, 11:32 AM
VIP Member

If my wife wants to stay on land, I go anyways. Don't have enough sunny weekends around here anyways. Mine is easy to launch and to come back to dock, I just use an extension pole with the hook and I have no problem.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Oh yeah forgot to mention. Mine is easy to launch by itself. Hit 2 switches and watch lift go down!! Lol
Old 09-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to take my stv or hst out by myself all the time. At a 100mph just ripping it up letting the 2.5 wind...that is an awesome feeling. Of course that was on inland lakes in MN. I always seemed to meet someone out on the lakes...always enjoyed checking out their boats and talking about them nomatter what they were. My cat is a little different story. It gets interesting around the docks with single in a 28 with a 34 pitch prop...nice to have atleast one person with...preferably big tits, and of course female.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Registered

I like having friends out, but some of my favorite runs are solo sunset cruses when it is nice and flat, and she can stretch her legs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.