Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Breaking News:  Miss GEICO to race in Turbine Class vs QATAR!! >

Breaking News: Miss GEICO to race in Turbine Class vs QATAR!!

Notices

Breaking News: Miss GEICO to race in Turbine Class vs QATAR!!

Old 09-30-2013, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
Well that is my opinion Skater Dave. You can sit on the sidelines like you'll ways have and Judge other people.
And by the way. What does whispering turbines have to do with anything ?
Do you think their engines are superior anyone else's. Please get real.
Of course the Qatar boat is going to work. They are using all MY turbine rigging parts, that I developed over the last 14 years in the boat. All purchased from Geicos x turbine programmed that I supplied them.
John, what we all want to know...how will you finish in Mary Mac vs Qatar, in Key West?
Old 09-30-2013, 06:41 AM
Registered

If anything, I have to give geico credit for stepping up and trying to make something interesting. I was at Soloman's and while it's impressive to watch mary mac rip around the course and lap everything with ease, you knew they were simply out for a joy ride. They didn't HAVE to push the boat to it's limits for anything.

I've loved turbine boats for years, dating back to Ed's turbine boat. They're incredible pieces of machinery, and I wish there was more of a presence of them in racing. I would have loved to be in person for a JBS, Geico, Mary Mac and Qatar turbine shootout. Sadly I don't see that ever occuring though
Old 09-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Banned

Geico did spin was 1st reported flipped??????Piston power in Key West will win!!!PS I don't want to go to Quatar to watch or race there!Good luck!I know this guy has money but Warren Buffett is not poor!!LOL!AKA =$Geico$!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

This is extreme boat racing guy's!!!!!! You either win or you don't. No such thing as fair or under powered. You either play there or you don't. I don't see Geico complaining or making excuses. They came out and said they spun out period. If someone want to make excuses for them that's up to you. I don't see there team doing that.
Randy
Old 09-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Registered

I give Qatar, Geico, and SBI credit for making this a highly anticipated and exciting race. Both teams ran hard against each other, and I bet both teams were disappointed with the spinout. Just think how great this could be with Cintron, and another couple of turbines in the mix with Mary Mac, Aqua-Mania, etc. Maybe someone could even talk Bill T into taking My Way onto a course. The rough waters of Key West will probably also make for another fun race to watch. As a race fan, nothing is better than actually seeing some good fun natured trash talking, followed by solid Hammer Down action.

Last edited by Donzi ZX; 09-30-2013 at 10:36 AM. Reason: To avoid cell phone post complaints
Old 09-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kyain
If anything, I have to give geico credit for stepping up and trying to make something interesting. I was at Soloman's and while it's impressive to watch mary mac rip around the course and lap everything with ease, you knew they were simply out for a joy ride. They didn't HAVE to push the boat to it's limits for anything.

I've loved turbine boats for years, dating back to Ed's turbine boat. They're incredible pieces of machinery, and I wish there was more of a presence of them in racing. I would have loved to be in person for a JBS, Geico, Mary Mac and Qatar turbine shootout. Sadly I don't see that ever occuring though
it always seems like there is only one turbine in so many of these races....very unfortunate. hope they can start turning the page and becomimg more competitive with each other with the new qatar on the circuit.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:57 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How could you ever believe that an older, shorter, under powered hull has an equal shot against the most technology advanced hull and power package available? Throw in the best throttleman available and unlimited resources and it is just a role reversal from years past. A one boat race.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:06 PM
Racer
Racer

We believe it and we'll see in Key West
Old 09-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Racer
Racer

In fact, we were the ones in the boat head to head and don't feel we were taking a knife to a gun fight. We expect to beat them in Key West
Old 09-30-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 520 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
In fact, we were the ones in the boat head to head and don't feel we were taking a knife to a gun fight. We expect to beat them in Key West
I like the "swagger"! Good luck and keep it safe!

I am sure that it is different being looked at as the underdog going into Key west, but it sure has to put some fire in your belly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.