Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 10-01-2013, 07:47 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

HAHAHAH apparently you got but hurt lol

I didn't start any kind of war you did so fuk off, and your nuts if a cig is just "ok" lol. I'm happy with mine... Your happy with yours... So what I stated facts nothing else go get butt hurt somewhere else...
Originally Posted by boatnt
dude do you really think I give a $hit?? I dont,,,
you are always up here telling us about your stupid old Cig and what a great ride it gives,,I have seen pictures of your boat its ok,,nothing great just ok for a 30 year old boat,,,just go out have fun and enjoy it,,really no reason for you to be reminding us how it crushes the waves and you never spill your beer while running 8 footers..

and you may not know this but Cig had its ups and downs over the years,,Fountain is Not out of business and under Reggie ownership they did not built Junk either,,n
do a search and see how many old Cigs had to get transom replacement or stringer replacement because when Cig installed the Kplaines they could not thru bolt one bolt and they used a leg bolt without sealing it and rotted out the stringers from water intrusion..

do I want to try hang with you in my 32??no not really because when your out there getting the $hit kicked out of you running your so called 8 footers I rather be at the bar having a beer..
you may also want to come down to Key West and watch all the Fountains run in the rough,trust me they do pretty good,,, and if they banned all the Fountains from the race course and allowed only Cigs to race then the races would be cancelled,,,Cigs are just not there..lol

My Friend does own a 08 39 Top Gun with 700s,,nice boat,,been out in the rough with him,,does ok,,not to the point that I think it would blow away any other boat,,but it does ok for a 39 foot boat,,
another friend owns a 31 bullet,,been out on it,,not to impressed,,

it is what it is,,you do not have to remind us all the time,,
Old 10-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 161 Likes on 73 Posts

dude do you really think I give a $hit?? I dont,,,
you are always up here telling us about your stupid old Cig and what a great ride it gives,,I have seen pictures of your boat its ok,,nothing great just ok for a 30 year old boat,,,just go out have fun and enjoy it,,really no reason for you to be reminding us how it crushes the waves and you never spill your beer while running 8 footers..

and you may not know this but Cig had its ups and downs over the years,,Fountain is Not out of business and under Reggie ownership they did not built Junk either,,
do a search and see how many old Cigs had to get transom replacement or stringer replacement because when Cig installed the Kplaines they could not thru bolt one bolt and they used a leg bolt without sealing it and rotted out the stringers from water intrusion..

do I want to try hang with you in my 32??no not really because when your out there getting the $hit kicked out of you running your so called 8 footers I rather be at the bar having a beer..
you may also want to come down to Key West and watch all the Fountains run in the rough,trust me they do pretty good,,, and if they banned all the Fountains from the race course and allowed only Cigs to race then the races would be cancelled,,,Cigs are just not there..lol

My Friend does own a 08 39 Top Gun with 700s,,nice boat,,been out in the rough with him,,does ok,,not to the point that I think it would blow away any other boat,,but it does ok for a 39 foot boat,,
another friend owns a 31 bullet,,been out on it,,not to impressed,,

it is what it is,,you do not have to remind us all the time,,
Really??? Every time you wipe your ass you put up another pic of your fountain. You sure are proud of that thing. Maybe you should take some of your own advice because nobody gives a shiiit about your boat either. A 39 does okay in the rough? Keep drinking the cool aid
Old 10-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we keep this thread going for another few hours? My survey will be done then and I will be a Fountain owner. I want to jump in.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok facts are these . I owned a twin step 38 fountain for 6 years and a 32 fever prior. I loved both of them. Tey both accomplished different things that fit my needs at the time. My 32 was a fun little boat. It was fast, it did handle the chop great but forget about the big stuff. I didn't care as that is not fun for me anyway. My 38 accomplished more as it would handle some bigger waves but not much bigger. It was however one of the most solid boats I had ever been in. I loved that boat but forget about big water. My Twin step top gun
Is apples and oranges compared to my 38 fountain. Again both taste good just different. Big water capability has to go to the cigarette hands down and it should. More freeboard, hull length, dead rise etc. it is substantially bigger.

Fact: anybody that says there boat is running fast in 6 to 8 footers comfortably is lying unless you are on a 55 sea ray. Facts about fountain being in business? Just because they post one year old ads on not trader taking orders on 2013 boats does not make you in business. As far as rotted stringers and transom? I would have to thank fountain for that and all that is moisture due to poor rigging. An advantage I would give to cigarette hands down. I have been though that with my fountains as well as a couple other friends. That's my two cents. Both brands are good I would have to put the build quality and rough water capability to the cig

RAF
Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The best advice really is to water test both boats in smooth and rough water if possible and make your own decision on what you like plain and simple...key west waters and Lake Erie are two totally different places so test both boats in waters you boat in...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Really??? Every time you wipe your ass you put up another pic of your fountain. You sure are proud of that thing. Maybe you should take some of your own advice because nobody gives a shiiit about your boat either. A 39 does okay in the rough? Keep drinking the cool aid
I post my pictures on the Fountain forum,,is that ok with you or are you upset because I am not impressed with the bullet,,

let me tell you why I post pictures,,If you do a search you will see I always buy fix up boats and then sell them,,this is my 4th boat in a year and a half,,done many bajas,,8 Powerquest,,a couple of Sea Rays and this is my first Fountain,which will be going up for sale as soon as I find the next one,,it might even be a Cig,,and I am not proud of any one of my boats,,they are just boats,,no more no less,,so I post pictures because it is cheap advertising ..

I never disrespect you so not sure what you are upset about...

and yes the 39 rides ok in the rough,,did you want me to lie and say that it does not?

by the way you are no different ,,every time you wipe your butt I see you like to post pictures as well..lol,,and do you think anybody cares about your boat as well?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ior-re-do.html

Last edited by boatnt; 10-01-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
HAHAHAH apparently you got but hurt lol

I didn't start any kind of war you did so fuk off, and your nuts if a cig is just "ok" lol. I'm happy with mine... Your happy with yours... So what I stated facts nothing else go get butt hurt somewhere else...
war??you think I care to argue with you?no I dont,, I come here for fun and information,,sorry you dont like my replies..thats life
telling me to fuk off say alot about you...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Haha oops yes your butthurt... It's ok I can care less
Old 10-01-2013, 08:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Haha oops yes your butthurt... It's ok I can care less
no no no,, not as you call it butthurt,,never,,boats do not mean that much to me,,

I mean really you keep telling us about your Cig,,enough,,,stop already...we all know by now..lol
on this thread you started on post 10 and went on from there...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...rash-talk.html
Old 10-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lol so glad you love me and you have all the time to try to make me look bad ... Haha apparently others say you post all about your boat so what? Who cares... I like mine you like yours... You are causing the issue here not me... Go home and polish your gold chains now..
no no no,, not as you call it butthurt,,never,,boats do not mean that much to me,,

I mean really you keep telling us about your Cig,,enough,,,stop already...we all know by now..lol
on this thread you started on post 10 and went on from there...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...rash-talk.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.