Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38 >

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is getting interesting! I got bashed for getting a fountain but in the end I can't be happier with it. We were out this weekend in some rough stuff and ran back at about 60mph and had a great time never felt that the boat couldnt take it or handle it. By the way it is a 32 Fever. I even had a Cig owner on the boat with me and He even told me that he was impressed with the boat. Bottom line is that we all love our boats if we didn't we would sell them and get a RV.

Honestly if you are looking at a Cig or a Fountain you are looking at two good brand that have a lot of passionate owners ( as you can see!). So i don't think that you can go wrong with either one. It's all about what boat fits your lifestyle and what +'s or -'s you need to have or live without.

Good luck in your hunt for a new boat!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Buy what ya like!! They all do different things!!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And to think sick stinger got tossed for all the bashing
Old 10-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 807 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt

and you may not know this but Cig had its ups and downs over the years,,Fountain is Not out of business and under Reggie ownership they did not built Junk either,,
do a search and see how many old Cigs had to get transom replacement or stringer replacement because when Cig installed the Kplaines they could not thru bolt one bolt and they used a leg bolt without sealing it and rotted out the stringers from water intrusion..

I could be wrong, but I think this only happened on a few Cafe's.

That's not to say some of the OLD cigs haven't had transom replacements by now, but if we're talking about "modern" boats (which I would say begin with the mid-80's TG's and Cafe's) I think they only F-ed this up on a couple Cafe's. Someone more knowledgeable may correct me.

This thread went exactly where I knew it would go - some Cig guy and some Fountain guy waving their dicks at each other. And if history is any indicator I'd have put money on FF being at the heart of it.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nope I didn't start it I said cig wa better rough water.... Fountain faster simple as that read back to where it started.... I did not bash fountain off the start and that's that... So think what you want I am not shopping do I don't care
Old 10-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I could be wrong, but I think this only happened on a few Cafe's.

That's not to say some of the OLD cigs haven't had transom replacements by now, but if we're talking about "modern" boats (which I would say begin with the mid-80's TG's and Cafe's) I think they only F-ed this up on a couple Cafe's. Someone more knowledgeable may correct me.

This thread went exactly where I knew it would go - some Cig guy and some Fountain guy waving their dicks at each other. And if history is any indicator I'd have put money on FF being at the heart of it.
you are correct many boats do have transoms replaced,,many Fountains and Cigs as well...

and you are correct he is at the heart of it,,,lol
Old 10-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by boatnt
and you are correct he is at the heart of it,,,lol
Nope.... You started it assuming what I was saying
Old 10-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I did not come to the thread to start a war so let it go Mr. wonderful
Old 10-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SimonS32
This is getting interesting! I got bashed for getting a fountain but in the end I can't be happier with it. We were out this weekend in some rough stuff and ran back at about 60mph and had a great time never felt that the boat couldnt take it or handle it. By the way it is a 32 Fever. I even had a Cig owner on the boat with me and He even told me that he was impressed with the boat. Bottom line is that we all love our boats if we didn't we would sell them and get a RV.

Honestly if you are looking at a Cig or a Fountain you are looking at two good brand that have a lot of passionate owners ( as you can see!). So i don't think that you can go wrong with either one. It's all about what boat fits your lifestyle and what +'s or -'s you need to have or live without.

Good luck in your hunt for a new boat!
Awesume !
How bout a bout and a RV.. Both 38's
Old 10-01-2013, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by runafever
Ok facts are these . I owned a twin step 38 fountain for 6 years and a 32 fever prior. I loved both of them. Tey both accomplished different things that fit my needs at the time. My 32 was a fun little boat. It was fast, it did handle the chop great but forget about the big stuff. I didn't care as that is not fun for me anyway. My 38 accomplished more as it would handle some bigger waves but not much bigger. It was however one of the most solid boats I had ever been in. I loved that boat but forget about big water. My Twin step top gun
Is apples and oranges compared to my 38 fountain. Again both taste good just different. Big water capability has to go to the cigarette hands down and it should. More freeboard, hull length, dead rise etc. it is substantially bigger.

Fact: anybody that says there boat is running fast in 6 to 8 footers comfortably is lying unless you are on a 55 sea ray. Facts about fountain being in business? Just because they post one year old ads on not trader taking orders on 2013 boats does not make you in business. As far as rotted stringers and transom? I would have to thank fountain for that and all that is moisture due to poor rigging. An advantage I would give to cigarette hands down. I have been though that with my fountains as well as a couple other friends. That's my two cents. Both brands are good I would have to put the build quality and rough water capability to the cig

RAF
Thanks for the honest feedback. This will help the O P. I think stringer rot is from sitting in the water for long periods of time. My 2000. has no stringer rot and it sits on a trailer... btw Mines faster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.