Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38 >

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 10-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a 38 Fountain with 700's and 6 drives. It was a fast boat....acceleration was incredible, Handled very well also. If you want to run consistently in 3-4's most of the time, I would look at the 42 Fountain with 700's and 6's and have the best of both worlds. I ran with a couple of 42/700's a lot. In rough water I couldn't run as fast as the 42's.......but when it calmed down a little they couldn't run with me.
38 Cig...they are an Icon of the industry. Not sure how many times I was putting gas in my Fountain and someone would walk up and say" is that on of those Cigarette boats"? I would point to the Fountain logo on the side of the boat, for the most part they still didn't get it. Ran with some in Poker runs, in the same water we ran about the same, but that's not about the boats as it is about the drivers. I will admit that I didn't run in rough water that much, so I wasn't as aggressive as some that did. An experienced driver in rough conditions can make a boat run very fast, and make it look easy. The fit and finish of a Cigarette are second to none, crawl around in the bilge and look at backing plates and fasteners. Talk to Scott Shogren, at Pier 57, he has sold both and will give you his take on things.
They are both sweet boats, just comes down to what you want. A water test would go a long way on helping you decide.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
The OP should have zero problem choosing between the two after reading this, so that's good.
Yup. Clear choice now LOL. Some of these threads might make some people skip a boat purchase and go balls deep into a sweet meth addiction.

FWIW I'd pick whatever one I like better and it would automatically be the better choice.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
What do you mean " whats that mean?"

It means I thought u were the one that got butt hurt and hit the mod button this whole time. ...

and to keep on track id personally go cig tg based on looks, re sale $, and righty sticks, but that doesn't matter @ end of the day because I'm not writing the check.
So You think that I have that kind of pull?LOL,I'm not even a paying Member stick to mowing the lawn around Your Boat.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by park35
I will jump in here for what its worth....I had a chance to ride in a 35 fountain we were in 3ft chop and the boat rode very well...going 80mph...if it was much bigger I might have been different...I choose a CIG because I run the ocean a lot and felt it that's what best worked for me...fountain is faster with less power no doubt...buy the one that you feel suits your needs best....my 2cents
Ah... A real nice answer to the original question...
What the F are you thinking? Your going to get us off topic!
Now back to:
Bashing!
Cutting on poeple!
A N D
Ball busting !!!
(J/k)
Old 10-01-2013, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by littlereggie 572
Ah... A real nice answer to the original question...
What the F are you thinking? Your going to get us off topic!
Now back to:
Bashing!
Cutting on poeple!
A N D
Ball busting !!!
(J/k)
I'm working on it,it's still early.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Registered

I know it was you **** head. Report me too!!!
Yup ive got a reason why my boats sitting. Dont worry about me. how come nobodies ever seen you around?
Surely id be able to spot ya with that fountain tramp stamp ive heard you got
Old 10-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Had a 38 Fountain with 700's and 6 drives. It was a fast boat....acceleration was incredible, Handled very well also. If you want to run consistently in 3-4's most of the time, I would look at the 42 Fountain with 700's and 6's and have the best of both worlds. I ran with a couple of 42/700's a lot. In rough water I couldn't run as fast as the 42's.......but when it calmed down a little they couldn't run with me.
38 Cig...they are an Icon of the industry. Not sure how many times I was putting gas in my Fountain and someone would walk up and say" is that on of those Cigarette boats"? I would point to the Fountain logo on the side of the boat, for the most part they still didn't get it. Ran with some in Poker runs, in the same water we ran about the same, but that's not about the boats as it is about the drivers. I will admit that I didn't run in rough water that much, so I wasn't as aggressive as some that did. An experienced driver in rough conditions can make a boat run very fast, and make it look easy. The fit and finish of a Cigarette are second to none, crawl around in the bilge and look at backing plates and fasteners. Talk to Scott Shogren, at Pier 57, he has sold both and will give you his take on things.
They are both sweet boats, just comes down to what you want. A water test would go a long way on helping you decide.
Nice! One of the most honest posts in this thread. There is no time for seriousness. Let's get back to the bullchit...
Old 10-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
There is no room in this thread for accurate, helpful information! Please take that garbage elsewhere

I agree, even more so about the driver input. Someone posted a video earlier this week that made a 38 donzi zx look like it was the worst rough water boat made. I have witnessed boat drivers setting the drive and trim positions the same all the time, not really knowing what they are for. A good friend and boater for 15 years just learns that k planes are not just for gettin on plane a few years ago from general conversation...we didn't know he didn't know. So how many get up, pull the tabs up and just trim out?

Taking the time to find the sweet combo of speed, trim, tab and throttle position around others that don't have a clue makes your boat look like the ultimate wave crusher, and not knowing will make your ride look like a pos.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Registered

Yup ive got a reason why my boats sitting. Dont worry about me. how come nobodies ever seen you around?
Fling Brain has a **** load of boats! He's legit.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered

Report You for what?I just checked the rules and They cant ban You for being wrong so Your good,and (nobodies)seen Me around as You put it because I do this crazy thing called Boating so in order to see Me You'll find Me on the water,and real original with the tramp stamp comment,I guess You have a lawnmower tattoo since We wear what We do?and the name calling,how old are You?grow up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.