Old 10-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Initial intend was not to start this ��. Buy now starting to enjoy ������

Great stuff����������
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Well after 48 hours and 18 pages packed with a wealth of priceless knowledge I guess the last and final question to ask is whats stormbaurer gonna choose?

A- cigarette
B- fountain
C- ask mods to let Sick Stinger back
Old 10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright let's move on what are you going to tow it with.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Lets let 4bus answer that one
Old 10-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Alright let's move on what are you going to tow it with.
Audi has the new clean diesel in the A8. Pretty impressive ride but not sure on towing... Might be a good match for the Tundra...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
In my professional opinion it didn't happen. Yes I have the right to a professional opinion as I run boats for a living. I spend 28 days at a time in the gulf on a 150-200 ft supply boats. 6-8s are uncomfortable on these and no way a 22ft was running in them. I feel someone or many people actually have no clue how to judge the size of seas as I have seen numerous "reports" of big water. Doesn't matter who I ask as I won't believe them either. Like is said this is my livelihood.

And if your trying to go by a NOAA or any other weather service report might as well throw that out the window.
Originally Posted by Jlfrob
Ya got that right ! 8 footers in a 25 or 45 is gonna beat the crap outta ya & then some . Yer right most people don't really have a clue what sustained 6 to 8 foot seas are . Ditto on NOAA , their worse than the local weatherman mostly . Couldn't tell ya how many times I listened to the radio headed south on the Hudson & 35 miles later past the Verrazano headed to the jersey shore it would be solid 5 footers & white caps flying . LoL
Im usually one to roll my eyes when I hear big wave stories exaggerated, but believe me I was out there. I did some pretty stupid stuff to be honest. Im not claiming any speed or comfort, Im just saying I found a way to get from point A to point B in the stupid water you are referring to. My last year at Baja I spent from sometime in January till sometime in April boating 7 days a week in the Gulf down in Ft Myers. I find the Gulf comparable to Lake Erie and Lake Michigan. I feel Lake of the Ozarks is what I consider uncomfortable slop.

I have plenty of stories, but when I think of my worst day ever I think of being out by the Marblehead Ohio Lighthouse in Lake Erie. I was in a 30 Outlaw and some big stuff kicked up. I was getting hit in the face with walls of water from both sides and down the deck. I just wanted to get back to the marina but I couldnt seem to make any forward progress (has anyone ever been in this situation, Id like to hear your story?) I finally realized the bilge pump wasnt working so I had to figure something out fast. I figured Id have to hit these waves a little faster at an angle to start making progress. When Id get to the crest of the wave, I remember looking over my shoulder before Id drop in the hole thinking no one would EVER believe this. Looking down was like the feeling you get when you're standing on the roof of your house. I had plenty of other similar days, but that was the worst. My girlfriend always said I boated in my sleep because Id get that feeling of falling and violently jerk and kick myself awake. Glad I dont do it for a living anymore, it took the fun out of weekend boating for me.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

F that tundra..... The fountains have been determined so light, fuel efficient and fast they must need a Prius for tow rig. Plus you can attract liberal minded slu.ts that will do the really naughty stuff.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
F that tundra..... The fountains have been determined so light, fuel efficient and fast they must need a Prius for tow rig. Plus you can attract liberal minded slu.ts that will do the really naughty stuff.
Sorry dude the Liberal sluts don't play the back nine...
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Im usually one to roll my eyes when I hear big wave stories exaggerated, but believe me I was out there. I did some pretty stupid stuff to be honest. Im not claiming any speed or comfort, Im just saying I found a way to get from point A to point B in the stupid water you are referring to. My last year at Baja I spent from sometime in January till sometime in April boating 7 days a week in the Gulf down in Ft Myers. I find the Gulf comparable to Lake Erie and Lake Michigan. I feel Lake of the Ozarks is what I consider uncomfortable slop.

I have plenty of stories, but when I think of my worst day ever I think of being out by the Marblehead Ohio Lighthouse in Lake Erie. I was in a 30 Outlaw and some big stuff kicked up. I was getting hit in the face with walls of water from both sides and down the deck. I just wanted to get back to the marina but I couldnt seem to make any forward progress (has anyone ever been in this situation, Id like to hear your story?) I finally realized the bilge pump wasnt working so I had to figure something out fast. I figured Id have to hit these waves a little faster at an angle to start making progress. When Id get to the crest of the wave, I remember looking over my shoulder before Id drop in the hole thinking no one would EVER believe this. Looking down was like the feeling you get when you're standing on the roof of your house. I had plenty of other similar days, but that was the worst. My girlfriend always said I boated in my sleep because Id get that feeling of falling and violently jerk and kick myself awake. Glad I dont do it for a living anymore, it took the fun out of weekend boating for me.
Don't take what I said wrong Teambaja , I have no reason to doubt you or your experience . I was just trying to say 6 to 8 foot seas are brutal ... 25 years ago I used to go out chasing big water & in small boats , I know the feeling of tracing the limit when it's impossible to get on plane & you got all you can do to keep the bow above water & move forward . You sound like you love those times as much as I did , hellish but fun . We should start a thread on big water stories I like em too & have a few to share as I'm sure many do . Enjoyed the one above & would like to hear some more also from ya pal . Think we should move it tho the OP's thread took enough of a beating huh ? Great thread tho I must admit
Old 10-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

'' Jerry Jerry Jerry Jerry'' This thread is EPIC..

John jr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.