Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38 >

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 09-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Well you know now we need new pics of skanks and tundras.
Well.....ya I have been slacking in that dept. Maybe sled skanks this winter to keep everyone busy?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Because the great Lakes kick up faster and normally snottier then oceans, the ocean has big water yes, but how often are the 6 foot waves 6 ft apart? the ocean has more of a roller type of wave, I have tons of friends that boated oceans and great lakes, everyone says the great lakes are worse, that's why... I boat every weekend all 2-3 days, so to me a better ride is more important then speed, like I stated before, its really about the type of boating he wants to do....sucks to get beat up on the great lakes short square waves, if you have not seen it or done it, try it one day....
Originally Posted by seafordguy
I don't know why great lakes people think that is the only place in the world with rough water. The Atlantic Ocean will kick up on occasion.

My point was that 99% of the time Go-Fast boats are used to make lunch runs, hit seaside bars, anchor out with friends, or just go for casual boat rides. Very few people on here run the boat flat out in REALLY bad water every time out.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

happens all the time.... we see that in the Leopa runs, one time all the big power went back in 6-8's my buddy completed the poker run with a 22 Baja Force lol he was like WTF guys?
Originally Posted by 4bus
Some serious power and rides turned back, puzzled me. I thought that was the highlight of the run!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
I don't know why great lakes people think that is the only place in the world with rough water. The Atlantic Ocean will kick up on occasion.

My point was that 99% of the time Go-Fast boats are used to make lunch runs, hit seaside bars, anchor out with friends, or just go for casual boat rides. Very few people on here run the boat flat out in REALLY bad water every time out.
That is my experience as well, however I don't live near some of these "Wave hell holes" that some do, so I am biased.

A 47 apache with a 3 man bolster is the ultimate rough water boat, prob not the best every day boat. And the restaurant crowd might wonder with 47 ft of boat why you choose to sit so close to two guys, and have no girls on the boat, on a flat calm summer day.

Lets try pros not cons-

Cig- Heritage, "brand name", rough water performance, quality, custom time consuming construction, resale, recognized word wide as the #1 brand in performance boating (ie snap-on, rolex, lear jet) People assume a performance boat is a cig, you can say you have a real cig

Fountain- bang for buck, safe handling with speed, full head , lots of non -custom parts that can be replaced easily and inexpensively, RG3 on call, unmistakable lines (beak) left throttles are just cool, molded platform (family)
Old 09-30-2013, 02:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

East and West Erie differ for sure, even Mentor Ohio is totally different then west basin, average depth west is 35 ft, east in Mentor 60-80ft.... makes HUGE difference, plus the amount of boat traffic by the islands is insane...
that's the dig difference...

Originally Posted by 4bus
That is my experience as well, however I don't live near some of these "Wave hell holes" that some do, so I am biased.

A 47 apache with a 3 man bolster is the ultimate rough water boat, prob not the best every day boat. And the restaurant crowd might wonder with 47 ft of boat why you choose to sit so close to two guys, and have no girls on the boat, on a flat calm summer day.

Lets try pros not cons-

Cig- Heritage, "brand name", rough water performance, quality, custom time consuming construction, resale, recognized word wide as the #1 brand in performance boating (ie snap-on, rolex, lear jet) People assume a performance boat is a cig, you can say you have a real cig

Fountain- bang for buck, safe handling with speed, full head , lots of non -custom parts that can be replaced easily and inexpensively, RG3 on call, unmistakable lines (beak) left throttles are just cool, molded platform (family)
Old 09-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 807 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Because the great Lakes kick up faster and normally snottier then oceans, the ocean has big water yes, but how often are the 6 foot waves 6 ft apart? the ocean has more of a roller type of wave, I have tons of friends that boated oceans and great lakes, everyone says the great lakes are worse, that's why... I boat every weekend all 2-3 days, so to me a better ride is more important then speed, like I stated before, its really about the type of boating he wants to do....sucks to get beat up on the great lakes short square waves, if you have not seen it or done it, try it one day....
I can promise you, having lived at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay my entire life that it can kick up just as fast and snotty with no rollers in sight.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
happens all the time.... we see that in the Leopa runs, one time all the big power went back in 6-8's my buddy completed the poker run with a 22 Baja Force lol he was like WTF guys?
Your buddy did not run a 22ft boat in 6-8ft seas. That's all I have to say about that
Old 09-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

This is gonna be a LONG winter!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow... Thought this might happen��������

In the end mostly what I thought .... Each one has its advantages, will need to sort this out... Wife will like the enclosed head.... ���� swim platform works for me...
Old 09-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wanna bet? Ask TEAMBAJA on this site.... he probably has pics somewhere.... he was not running 50mph but he made the run, BTW I ran my Chris Craft 245 in some 6 footers a few times... not gonna go fast but you will make it...
Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Your buddy did not run a 22ft boat in 6-8ft seas. That's all I have to say about that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.