Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38 >

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 09-30-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Wanna bet? Ask TEAMBAJA on this site.... he probably has pics somewhere.... he was not running 50mph but he made the run, BTW I ran my Chris Craft 245 in some 6 footers a few times... not gonna go fast but you will make it...
In my professional opinion it didn't happen. Yes I have the right to a professional opinion as I run boats for a living. I spend 28 days at a time in the gulf on a 150-200 ft supply boats. 6-8s are uncomfortable on these and no way a 22ft was running in them. I feel someone or many people actually have no clue how to judge the size of seas as I have seen numerous "reports" of big water. Doesn't matter who I ask as I won't believe them either. Like is said this is my livelihood.

And if your trying to go by a NOAA or any other weather service report might as well throw that out the window.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
In my professional opinion it didn't happen. Yes I have the right to a professional opinion as I run boats for a living. I spend 28 days at a time in the gulf on a 150-200 ft supply boats. 6-8s are uncomfortable on these and no way a 22ft was running in them. I feel someone or many people actually have no clue how to judge the size of seas as I have seen numerous "reports" of big water. Doesn't matter who I ask as I won't believe them either. Like is said this is my livelihood.

And if your trying to go by a NOAA or any other weather service report might as well throw that out the window.
It's funny you mention that, I have actually googled if a wave was measured from sea level or total size.....my results were inconclusive.

How does one really measure a wave?

FullForce, you know I love you, but where else have you been boating besides home? I know it gets rough there, but it gets rough everywhere...even LOTO, a tiny lake by comparison.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

And to the OP. Buy what excites you, once you get to know the boat, it will be in your mind, the best boat on the planet.....just like the rest of us think.

The only way you could do a fair comparison is both boats in question, same driver, same conditions, going the same way, on the same day! Pretty much impossible in today's market.

Find a fountain or cig that you love the paint, engines, condition and buy it! You won't get hurt. My wife and I LIVE in our cabin on weekends all summer long, I am 6 ft and she is 5'3" and we do just fine. There is bigger but we don't need it. Bed is huge, full head, big couches, and we are skinny You have been a cat owner, you will love the fountain cabin! I miss the cabin of my 36 Baja sometimes, but the performance of the fountain helps me quickly forget that.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stormbauer
Ok.... I know that there will be many passionate posts but just looking for knowledgable opinions... I am looking to go back to a V bottom from by 33 Daytona... Bottom line wife not a big fan of the cat... And I am a smart man ��...

Anyways looking at either a 38 TG or Fountain 35/38 lightning... Would be looking at 2002-2007 ish years....with medium power 525-600 hp I would expect... Would like to know opinions on ride, speed, overall comfort.... Or anything else anyone would like to add.... I have been in several fountains buy never in a Cig.... Like the looks of both boats, kind of like the 38 TG a bit more overall look but could go either way....

Not looking for any bashing just good facts...
If you are going to overnight on whichever boat you buy, or if you plan to spend much time down in the cabin, most twin stepTG's will have the Cover Girl / half cabin so you wont have much of that luxury. The Fountain, while having a low entry cabin and low headroom, it will have a full cabin.

I believe the twin step Gun with your 525-600 hp target will run mid/upper 80's to 90 ish. Plenty respectable, regardless.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmmmmmmm...........
Old 09-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
It's funny you mention that, I have actually googled if a wave was measured from sea level or total size.....my results were inconclusive.

FullForce, you know I love you, but where else have you been boating besides home? I know it gets rough there, but it gets rough everywhere...even LOTO, a tiny lake by comparison.
Generally trough to crest. As far as seas go they don't stay one size. So even in 6-8s you will have larger rolling through occasionally.

<-------> this is not 9 inches!!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TRL505
Hmmmmmmmmm...........
Don't ask TRL about boats after reading his thread I'm surprised he isn't in jail or a psych ward.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Well, considering his job was a test driver for Baja for many years... I say he has some opinion too,,,he was given Bajas and was told to break them... that was HIS JOB!!

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin

Old 09-30-2013, 06:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Ron, I boat other places as much as others that never boated here, I am basing my .02 on what some very well respected boaters in my area have told me that boated all over the country, one being Jerry McConnel (Clifford) and Jim Dietz (Wicked Won) previous owner... I very much respected what they told me....

All good, I never bashed Fountain lol
Originally Posted by 4bus

Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Well, considering his job was a test driver for Baja for many years... I say he has some opinion too,,,he was given Bajas and was told to break them... that was HIS JOB!!
Not arguing with ya. I'm saying didn't happen. It's your story tell it how ya want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.