Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38 >

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 10-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
Cigs are no different then any other hi end boat builder..all the 39s come out the same molds..then you add your bling and paint to make it different then the previous 39 that was built..so its a semi custom built..no different than sunsation..fountain..donzi..
Again, not a good comparison; Fountain blasted out over 500 boats a year using the same molds. Cigarette produces just a fraction of this number for a reason. They want quality! Cigarette preps molds entirely different, lay-up is complete different (maybe the biggest gap) and cure time is completely different. I know this because watched both boats being built. I too thought Cigarette was bolt on bling, it wasn't until I actually did the due diligence that I discovered why Cigarette is a true custom boat builder.

Attached are pictures of a 39 in the glass shop (notice there's not 15 boats around it in production). The prep work done on the exterior is also done on the interior. This is why when you look at the bilge of a Cigarette the gelcoat is as perfect as the exterior finish, this takes hand sanding and time. I believe Donzi did this for a short time. This is just another example as to why your comments are just ridiculous.

Lastly, you are correct, many manufacturers use similar bolt-on bling. I will say after owning many high performance boats the true difference here is HOW this bling is bolted on that makes the difference! Rigging is one of the most critical functions of boat building. Again pictures attached.

As I clearly stated in earlier posts, I like all go-fast boats, just wanted to offer some "fact based" information on why the Cigarette is a better boat.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38-img_0005.jpg   Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38-lauderdale-show-064.jpg   Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38-img_0012.jpg  

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38-dscn1109.jpg  

Last edited by 39 Unlimited; 10-20-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 240 Likes on 119 Posts

I never said the build process is the same,,If I did did please show me were I said the lamination of Fountain and Cig is the same,,this thread is on page 83 and I never once said Cig builds a bad boat so not sure what you are getting all worked about...
what I did say,,,your 39 is no different put together than the last 39 they build,,what makes your 39 different is the paint,,interior,,options,,but that pretty much is the same with any hi end builder,,
when I ordered my new boats in the past,,(none cigs,,but maybe one day,,love all boats) I sat down with the factory rep,,picked interior colors,material,,paint,,trailer options, etc,,and 4 months later I had my new boat,,that is pretty much the same with Cig,,again I said nothing about how long they sit in the mold or how they are build..
to me a custom order is when you have one off,,and you really dont,,,but I know you have a very nice boat and your are very proud of it,,(as we all are of our boats) so please keep posting pictures away,,
Old 10-20-2013, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 240 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
What the fukc does obummer put in the water supply there? Comparing a sunny let alone fountain in build quality...wtf...gotta be somethin in the water!
I never said build quality is the same,,carry on..
Old 10-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Registered

What happen to the skanks?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Been awhile since I been on here and I see things are moving along nicely, carry on.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littlereggie 572
That's what I was thinking, Everything took a turn for the worse with all this serious talk.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boatnt
I never said the build process is the same,,If I did did please show me were I said the lamination of Fountain and Cig is the same,,this thread is on page 83 and I never once said Cig builds a bad boat so not sure what you are getting all worked about...
what I did say,,,your 39 is no different put together than the last 39 they build,,what makes your 39 different is the paint,,interior,,options,,but that pretty much is the same with any hi end builder,,
when I ordered my new boats in the past,,(none cigs,,but maybe one day,,love all boats) I sat down with the factory rep,,picked interior colors,material,,paint,,trailer options, etc,,and 4 months later I had my new boat,,that is pretty much the same with Cig,,again I said nothing about how long they sit in the mold or how they are build..
to me a custom order is when you have one off,,and you really dont,,,but I know you have a very nice boat and your are very proud of it,,(as we all are of our boats) so please keep posting pictures away,,
Got it....this is fun stuff!
Old 10-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littlereggie 572
I got your back.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
I got your back.
[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks for straighting things out Joe , we needed that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.