Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 10-21-2013, 08:28 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,098 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
nope can not agree with this. There is nothing crude about a fountain. They are top class and quality, maybe some have got ones with certain issues but they are still the fastest and have ecellent Top knotch quality. Can we see some more ass pics ?
Crude wasnt the right word, and mind you, I am a huge Fountain fan. But crawl under your dash. Now crawl under the dash of a new Cig...there is a difference. Also, the underside of your hatch probably has mirrors, or is just white. On the Cig, its painted to match the boat, its also raised with billet hinges and Alpha 1 trim rams. Yours, isnt. And there is nothing wrong with that. Personally, Im all about function. A hydraulic cabin door doesnt make the boat run any better.....but it is cool
Old 10-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

They are both great boats, along with a lot of other makes. You can;t go wrong with either.

However, the comments are quite amusing and creative....
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Think of how boring life would be, if we all had the same make and model boat. Offshore boats are all about being different. Its been that way since the days of George Michael and "WHAM". From outlandish paint jobs, fancy chrome and polished stuff, tricked out engines, and so on.

When you go to a car show, you'll see chevelles, mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, GTO's, etc. Nobody's walking around saying, "Fuk that Hemi GTX, those Hemi's ran like ****t,, and they rattled a lot over bumps". Because any red blooded americal male, gets a hard on for good old American muscle, and doesn't care what the name on the side says. Give me a Cig with 1000's, or Fountain with 1000's, and im gonna have a ball with either one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUZi-Ftcs9Y
Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

You said it. Also, great movie clip, classic, especially when Ben Afleck roasts the clutch!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Here's another scene from that movie. Slater (stoner in back seat), is a total Cigarette guy! When he gets his balls busted for being a nerd, he goes back to the "its all about quality not quantity". Sounds like a cig guy when you tell him his boat is slow! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXhipYkpbK0
Old 10-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Registered

Here's my definitions of what makes a offshore boat cool.

The ability to go fast
The ability to go fast in rough water.
The ability to go fast in rough water and not fall apart.
The ability to hold the throttles on the dash in rough seas and not blow engines or drives.

And my definition of what makes a offshore boat, not cool.

To not go fast in any water.
To fall apart in rough water.
To tingle your spine in 2-3ft seas.
To blow drives or engines if ran hard in offshore conditions

Anyone can go fast. I remember years ago when I had a 40' Excalibur with 420's and TRS. It was a very calm day out on the big lake. I got passed like I was standing still by a couple fisherman in a bass boat. Total fail for me. My penis went inverted for a minute or two. Here I am, thinking im hot $hit in my 40' offshore beast, and some dude who just left Cabellas with his HydroFoil purchase, waxed me.

A Navy Ship, coast guard cutter, or even a 50FT Sea Ray can plow thru some rough seas. Your 60mph resin bucket, isn't gonna win you awards, so settle down.

You're jazzy pair of 1000HP whipple engines, coupled to your bolt on pep boys modified bravo's with more water spraying on them than a California wildfire, isn't gonna work out when you're running that guy in REAL offshore conditions with his Arnesons or SSM 6's.

You're poorly thought out engine package you're buddy who owns a muffler shop built for you, probably wont sustain WOT longer than 15-30 seconds, so again, you're gonna fail. Don't blame the oil cooler, you're engines flat out suck.

In your quest for a Kodak moment GPS recall photo, you raised you're propshaft height about even with the flame arrestors. That's not gonna help you when your running in big seas. They are boat propellers not airplane propellers. 8 blades aren't the answer.

Just because you ran you're big bad a$$ "offshore" boat, for 10 years in a lake that has 19ft bowriders putting around every weekend, or that river that offers paddleboat rentals, doesn't make a true testament to its build quality. Pound that thing for 10 years on the great lakes, or ocean. Then lets talk stress cracks and hardware issues.

Also, if you own don't own a Fountain or a Cigarette, you're input is about as valuable as a pair of corroded alpha drives. This thread is full of guys who own neither boats, but "my buddy has one, and im not impressed" bullsht. You're not impressed by his 42 Fountain, but you are impressed with your 25 Outlaw or 26 powerquest? Gimme a fukin break.

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 10-21-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Also, if you own don't own a Fountain or a Cigarette, you're input is about as valuable as a pair of corroded alpha drives. This thread is full of guys who own neither boats, but "my buddy has one, and im not impressed" bullsht. You're not impressed by his 42 Fountain, but you are impressed with your 25 Outlaw or 26 powerquest? Gimme a fukin break.

Well said! Couldn't agree more.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

we just took a 93 tg out in some fun water yesterday... water that would make bravos squeal worse than the wife in the back seat. cant beat a #5 speedmaster TG on the west end of lake ontario with a 20mph north east wind.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Here's my definitions of what makes a offshore boat cool.

The ability to go fast
The ability to go fast in rough water.
The ability to go fast in rough water and not fall apart.
The ability to hold the throttles on the dash in rough seas and not blow engines or drives.

And my definition of what makes a offshore boat, not cool.

To not go fast in any water.
To fall apart in rough water.
To tingle your spine in 2-3ft seas.
To blow drives or engines if ran hard in offshore conditions

Anyone can go fast. I remember years ago when I had a 40' Excalibur with 420's and TRS. It was a very calm day out on the big lake. I got passed like I was standing still by a couple fisherman in a bass boat. Total fail for me. My penis went inverted for a minute or two. Here I am, thinking im hot $hit in my 40' offshore beast, and some dude who just left Cabellas with his HydroFoil purchase, waxed me.

A Navy Ship, coast guard cutter, or even a 50FT Sea Ray can plow thru some rough seas. Your 60mph resin bucket, isn't gonna win you awards, so settle down.

You're jazzy pair of 1000HP whipple engines, coupled to your bolt on pep boys modified bravo's with more water spraying on them than a California wildfire, isn't gonna work out when you're running that guy in REAL offshore conditions with his Arnesons or SSM 6's.

You're poorly thought out engine package you're buddy who owns a muffler shop built for you, probably wont sustain WOT longer than 15-30 seconds, so again, you're gonna fail. Don't blame the oil cooler, you're engines flat out suck.

In your quest for a Kodak moment GPS recall photo, you raised you're propshaft height about even with the flame arrestors. That's not gonna help you when your running in big seas. They are boat propellers not airplane propellers. 8 blades aren't the answer.

Just because you ran you're big bad a$$ "offshore" boat, for 10 years in a lake that has 19ft bowriders putting around every weekend, or that river that offers paddleboat rentals, doesn't make a true testament to its build quality. Pound that thing for 10 years on the great lakes, or ocean. Then lets talk stress cracks and hardware issues.

Day drinking, I like it!
Old 10-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER

But...but...but...I DO have buddies that own both of these kinds of boats! MY INPUT IS VALUABLE, jerk!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.