Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38 >

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
But...but...but...I DO have buddies that own both of these kinds of boats! MY INPUT IS VALUABLE, jerk!
Plus you owned a beaker. For several years. That was one tough boat you had . I don't recall you ever getting left in the dust or back at the harbor when you had the 35 Fontane.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I have to say...I was DAMN impressed with that 35. That boat was run HARD before I owned it (106 mph with 800s in it), and when I owned it, I DROVE that sucker. It was a blast in big water, and flew SO nicely. That boat taught me how to drive...and was a lot of fun to drive, which is why I held on to it for so long.

It was a 1995, and did not have a SINGLE stress crack in it. The only major wear on the hull was from me waxing it so often.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I have to say...I was DAMN impressed with that 35. That boat was run HARD before I owned it (106 mph with 800s in it), and when I owned it, I DROVE that sucker. It was a blast in big water, and flew SO nicely. That boat taught me how to drive...and was a lot of fun to drive, which is why I held on to it for so long.

It was a 1995, and did not have a SINGLE stress crack in it. The only major wear on the hull was from me waxing it so often.
You should have used some of that magic $hit they sell on the boat sites. You know, the over priced turtle wax with a hint of berry smell, that guys pay 35.00 a bottle for, hoping it will give their 1987 Four Winns that "Mitcher T" paint look. You know the guys. They buy some of that $hit because they advertise in powerboat magazine, and love showing it off at the dock. As if the wax you just overpaid for that some dude made in his garage from dandelion juice and semen, is gonna help you make friends.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Here's my definitions of what makes a offshore boat cool.

The ability to go fast
The ability to go fast in rough water.
The ability to go fast in rough water and not fall apart.
The ability to hold the throttles on the dash in rough seas and not blow engines or drives.

And my definition of what makes a offshore boat, not cool.

To not go fast in any water.
To fall apart in rough water.
To tingle your spine in 2-3ft seas.
To blow drives or engines if ran hard in offshore conditions

Anyone can go fast. I remember years ago when I had a 40' Excalibur with 420's and TRS. It was a very calm day out on the big lake. I got passed like I was standing still by a couple fisherman in a bass boat. Total fail for me. My penis went inverted for a minute or two. Here I am, thinking im hot $hit in my 40' offshore beast, and some dude who just left Cabellas with his HydroFoil purchase, waxed me.

A Navy Ship, coast guard cutter, or even a 50FT Sea Ray can plow thru some rough seas. Your 60mph resin bucket, isn't gonna win you awards, so settle down.

You're jazzy pair of 1000HP whipple engines, coupled to your bolt on pep boys modified bravo's with more water spraying on them than a California wildfire, isn't gonna work out when you're running that guy in REAL offshore conditions with his Arnesons or SSM 6's.

You're poorly thought out engine package you're buddy who owns a muffler shop built for you, probably wont sustain WOT longer than 15-30 seconds, so again, you're gonna fail. Don't blame the oil cooler, you're engines flat out suck.

In your quest for a Kodak moment GPS recall photo, you raised you're propshaft height about even with the flame arrestors. That's not gonna help you when your running in big seas. They are boat propellers not airplane propellers. 8 blades aren't the answer.

Just because you ran you're big bad a$$ "offshore" boat, for 10 years in a lake that has 19ft bowriders putting around every weekend, or that river that offers paddleboat rentals, doesn't make a true testament to its build quality. Pound that thing for 10 years on the great lakes, or ocean. Then lets talk stress cracks and hardware issues.

Also, if you own don't own a Fountain or a Cigarette, you're input is about as valuable as a pair of corroded alpha drives. This thread is full of guys who own neither boats, but "my buddy has one, and im not impressed" bullsht. You're not impressed by his 42 Fountain, but you are impressed with your 25 Outlaw or 26 powerquest? Gimme a fukin break.
Best post in this entire thread Joe.......the stuff about the bravo drives hurts tho, that was close to home

I agree with all, 100 percent!
Old 10-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"How did i end up here.... what happened to that awesume 38 fountain i was on ......"
Old 10-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
"How did i end up here.... what happened to that awesume 38 fountain i was on ......"
Its sleeping for the winter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510554[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38-freezing-my-buns-off.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
True story; used to be just like all the Cigarette haters on this thread. Owned three 35' Nordic's buddies all owned Fountains (27,35, 38 &42) spent over ten years trying to convince myself and everyone else on the docks that Cigs where slow over priced tubs of resin. This worked out well until Bud Ludow from Cigarette took the wife and I a ride on one.

End of story

Maiden Voyage April 2011 Grove Harbor Marina
Yours is my favorite Cig! The drool marks on it are from me every time I look at the LC PR.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510563[/ATTACH]
Originally Posted by mcprodesign
"How did i end up here.... what happened to that awesume 42 fountain i was on ......"
its about time more skanks found their way to this thread....
Attached Thumbnails Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38-florida-017.jpg  
Old 10-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

I've ridden in both but own neither so I have nothing to say.

So there!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Yours is my favorite Cig! The drool marks on it are from me every time I look at the LC PR.
Thanks US1 we love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.