Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 10-23-2013, 02:55 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not in the front page any moore ??? !!!

Dont lose it, no time to tired, wake up guys.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited
Also, if you own don't own a Fountain or a Cigarette, you're input is about as valuable as a pair of corroded alpha drives. This thread is full of guys who own neither boats, but "my buddy has one, and im not impressed" bullsht. You're not impressed by his 42 Fountain, but you are impressed with your 25 Outlaw or 26 powerquest? Gimme a fukin break.

Well said! Couldn't agree more.
Oh geez...I thought the Fountain guys were the only sensitive ones!

My input is not valuable...Oh well, Gargle my nutsack...So, when I buy an OL my input will be more valuable? I better break out my checkbook!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

Now now boys... I know winter is here and we are all a little on edge. So did we ever figure out which boat is "more" of a skank magnet?
I own a Fountain, so I'm allowed to say ...
Fountain' s are a "better" skank magnet IMO
LOL
Old 10-23-2013, 10:49 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Oh geez...I thought the Fountain guys were the only sensitive ones!

My input is not valuable...Oh well, Gargle my nutsack...So, when I buy an OL my input will be more valuable? I better break out my checkbook!
Actually, that was a post from MT, post 846. Last paragraph

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 10-23-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

OH...well that explains it then!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Actually, that was a post from MT, post 846. Last paragraph
And it was a Cig guy agreeing with the statement This thread got way off track.....please get back to name calling and brand bashing

I also agreed with MT cause it made a lot of sense. Imagine picking up a motor trend and reading an article about a 4 truck shootout and finding out they didn't drive any of them, and chose the winner based on what the neighbor owned and said about the other trucks?

This industry lacks (ed) unbiased reviews, it never happened. We rely on biased reviews from brand owners on internet chat forums. Its like asking a Yankees fan what they think of the Red Sox this year.

I am guilty of brand loyalty as well. I spent years defending my Baja Outlaws in the past. Saying things like "monster gauges" " tons of room" "mccloud bolsters" blah blah blah. Truth is I never owned anything else, and at the time I was very happy with my choice. Now a fountain owner I like to talk about something I never talked about being a Baja owner....speed. But I miss the room of my 36 OL when tied to the dock, but don't miss trying to work on anything in the Baja bilge or going slow with big power.

It is what is it. No one is going to know the little things you love about your boat like you do. Most won't be there when you have it perfectly trimmed in rough water. They don't share the same excitement you have when you fire it up for the first time in the spring. Riding b!tch can't hold a candle to owning and driving something you maintained or even built with your bare hands. These toys are our babies, and we defend them like they are living creatures. This site has shown brand loyalty goes so deep that owners will defend a manufacture that has a 28 year history of bankruptcy and stealing from their customers.

Some of us like new school tech, some like old school. Some defend what they like as a preference even though their budget and income was the real deciding factor on their ownership. Some have so much money they buy what they want and they don't have time to sit on an internet forum and argue all day.Manufacture traits get blown out of proportion, feelings get hurt, and on hear we forget that had we met the person we are fighting with on the dock they might become one of our closest friends.

A local guy has a 1986 TG cig that he runs more than any one boater I can think of. He doesn't keep it ultra clean, he uses the boat a ton. Its slow, running in the 60's with blowers and TRS drives. We have all heard outlandish speed claims, rough water dominance spiel, and 3rd party trash talking from him. He is a talker. And the funny thing is, I should hate that boat more than any boat on the planet. Yet when he drives up to do a spin around the docks at night I always watch and admire the lines, it still looks and sounds bad azz. I can't help but appreciate the boat

Point is I love boats, we all love boats. Chances are our brand will change over the years, and we will find new love and start forgetting about the love we had for our "ex" . Our old ride will go from being our baby to our ex girlfriend that was really good in the sack but, but, but.

Right now I love my boat, But I could easily end up in a Cig, Nortech, OL, Sonic, AT or other as my needs for amenities will grow as I get tired of living out of a 100 mph coffin all summer. Till then, I will take the beatings that come with being a Fountain owner, listen to the exaggerations of traits claimed from a non owner, have people tell me its really a 34 even though its not, have someone try to convince me it can't handle rough water, and I'll just keep reliably blowing the gel off most v-bottoms in all conditions...in person, where it counts
Old 10-23-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

I own niether. Like both. Just like fountains styling more. To each his own.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Chit, I.m just happy I got my cam today to fix mine... lol so I can at least go for a last ride!!

Originally Posted by 4bus
And it was a Cig guy agreeing with the statement This thread got way off track.....please get back to name calling and brand bashing

I also agreed with MT cause it made a lot of sense. Imagine picking up a motor trend and reading an article about a 4 truck shootout and finding out they didn't drive any of them, and chose the winner based on what the neighbor owned and said about the other trucks?

This industry lacks (ed) unbiased reviews, it never happened. We rely on biased reviews from brand owners on internet chat forums. Its like asking a Yankees fan what they think of the Red Sox this year.

I am guilty of brand loyalty as well. I spent years defending my Baja Outlaws in the past. Saying things like "monster gauges" " tons of room" "mccloud bolsters" blah blah blah. Truth is I never owned anything else, and at the time I was very happy with my choice. Now a fountain owner I like to talk about something I never talked about being a Baja owner....speed. But I miss the room of my 36 OL when tied to the dock, but don't miss trying to work on anything in the Baja bilge or going slow with big power.

It is what is it. No one is going to know the little things you love about your boat like you do. Most won't be there when you have it perfectly trimmed in rough water. They don't share the same excitement you have when you fire it up for the first time in the spring. Riding b!tch can't hold a candle to owning and driving something you maintained or even built with your bare hands. These toys are our babies, and we defend them like they are living creatures. This site has shown brand loyalty goes so deep that owners will defend a manufacture that has a 28 year history of bankruptcy and stealing from their customers.

Some of us like new school tech, some like old school. Some defend what they like as a preference even though their budget and income was the real deciding factor on their ownership. Some have so much money they buy what they want and they don't have time to sit on an internet forum and argue all day.Manufacture traits get blown out of proportion, feelings get hurt, and on hear we forget that had we met the person we are fighting with on the dock they might become one of our closest friends.

A local guy has a 1986 TG cig that he runs more than any one boater I can think of. He doesn't keep it ultra clean, he uses the boat a ton. Its slow, running in the 60's with blowers and TRS drives. We have all heard outlandish speed claims, rough water dominance spiel, and 3rd party trash talking from him. He is a talker. And the funny thing is, I should hate that boat more than any boat on the planet. Yet when he drives up to do a spin around the docks at night I always watch and admire the lines, it still looks and sounds bad azz. I can't help but appreciate the boat

Point is I love boats, we all love boats. Chances are our brand will change over the years, and we will find new love and start forgetting about the love we had for our "ex" . Our old ride will go from being our baby to our ex girlfriend that was really good in the sack but, but, but.

Right now I love my boat, But I could easily end up in a Cig, Nortech, OL, Sonic, AT or other as my needs for amenities will grow as I get tired of living out of a 100 mph coffin all summer. Till then, I will take the beatings that come with being a Fountain owner, listen to the exaggerations of traits claimed from a non owner, have people tell me its really a 34 even though its not, have someone try to convince me it can't handle rough water, and I'll just keep reliably blowing the gel off most v-bottoms in all conditions...in person, where it counts
Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Full Force
Chit, I.m just happy I got my cam today to fix mine... lol so I can at least go for a last ride!!
I would be happy if I got a last ride on a fountain or a cig.......or any boat.i hate this time of the year.cold weather sucks and so does rain.thankfully I got this site I can go on and cry and piss and moan to all and get feed back from my oso brothers about how I should shut the pluck up and quit crying.......lol...carry on.i am stepping off my soap box now and finished my raint.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bcfountain
I would be happy if I got a last ride on a fountain or a cig.......or any boat.i hate this time of the year.cold weather sucks and so does rain.thankfully I got this site I can go on and cry and piss and moan to all and get feed back from my oso brothers about how I should shut the pluck up and quit crying.......lol...carry on.i am stepping off my soap box now and finished my raint.
Move further north. That cold wet rain will be replaced with white fluffy snow to ride a snowmobile on....same crowd around here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.