Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38 >

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Notices

Cig tg 38 vs Fountain lightning 35/38

Old 09-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Ok, well I will say your wrong... why would I lie? seriously??
Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Not arguing with ya. I'm saying didn't happen. It's your story tell it how ya want.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Screw'm both, go OuterLimits and have the best of both worlds
Now there's a straight answer!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:50 PM
Registered

In my professional opinion it didn't happen. Yes I have the right to a professional opinion as I run boats for a living. I spend 28 days at a time in the gulf on a 150-200 ft supply boats. 6-8s are uncomfortable on these and no way a 22ft was running in them. I feel someone or many people actually have no clue how to judge the size of seas as I have seen numerous "reports" of big water. Doesn't matter who I ask as I won't believe them either. Like is said this is my livelihood.

And if your trying to go by a NOAA or any other weather service report might as well throw that out the window.
I'll stop back later when I have some time to post. I know alot of people exaggerate wave size, but trust me it happened. My neck, back and heels of my feet forever remind me. I went out during small craft advisorys all the time and had the coast guard tell me to get off the lake. The alternative was going back to factory to work. Ive tried getting pictures and video but it never seems to do any justice. I'll be back later.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You have no clue Greg, must have been 2 footers lol

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
I'll stop back later when I have some time to post. I know alot of people exaggerate wave size, but trust me it happened. My neck, back and heels of my feet forever remind me. I went out during small craft advisorys all the time and had the coast guard tell me to get off the lake. The alternative was going back to factory to work. Ive tried getting pictures and video but it never seems to do any justice. I'll be back later.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

In my professional opinion it didn't happen. Yes I have the right to a professional opinion as I run boats for a living. I spend 28 days at a time in the gulf on a 150-200 ft supply boats. 6-8s are uncomfortable on these and no way a 22ft was running in them. I feel someone or many people actually have no clue how to judge the size of seas as I have seen numerous "reports" of big water. Doesn't matter who I ask as I won't believe them either. Like is said this is my livelihood.

And if your trying to go by a NOAA or any other weather service report might as well throw that out the window.
Ya got that right ! 8 footers in a 25 or 45 is gonna beat the crap outta ya & then some . Yer right most people don't really have a clue what sustained 6 to 8 foot seas are . Ditto on NOAA , their worse than the local weatherman mostly . Couldn't tell ya how many times I listened to the radio headed south on the Hudson & 35 miles later past the Verrazano headed to the jersey shore it would be solid 5 footers & white caps flying . LoL
Old 09-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Apparently nobody does besides you guys lol

Originally Posted by Jlfrob
Ya got that right ! 8 footers in a 25 or 45 is gonna beat the crap outta ya & then some . Yer right most people don't really have a clue what sustained 6 to 8 foot seas are . Ditto on NOAA , their worse than the local weatherman mostly . Couldn't tell ya how many times I listened to the radio headed south on the Hudson & 35 miles later past the Verrazano headed to the jersey shore it would be solid 5 footers & white caps flying . LoL
Old 09-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force

Thats got nothing to do with anything really... it's been on there since they were.....why change a logo that everyone knows, Cigs goal was not to race but to build a good boat overall and that they do well, thats a fact
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ng-speeds.html

sooooo,, speed has nothing to do with it,,,but you are trying to go faster???should have bought a Fountain,,would of saved you a lot of late nights working on the Cig...lol
Old 10-01-2013, 05:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

yep, Cig did not give a chit about being the fastest in the later years, but to build a great rough water boat that's still fast enough... they are still in business...... not from building junk...

As far as me buying a Fountain, no thanks, I like not getting beat up every weekend, your right, I repowered to 600's, boat runs solid 70 in anything.... lets see you try to hang with me especially in a 32 .... my buddy has one, after 2-3 footers hes slowing way down.....I don't want to have to slow down or stay in because of rough water....

I am not starting a Cig/Fountain war, but looks like you want to.....fact is, Founts are known for being fast, Cigs are known for rough water capability, I have yet to see one thread with Fountain being the leader in rough water... so whatever pal...I betting you never been on a Cig, most guys that talk chit about them have yet to be on one... lol

Originally Posted by boatnt
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...ng-speeds.html

sooooo,, speed has nothing to do with it,,,but you are trying to go faster???should have bought a Fountain,,would of saved you a lot of late nights working on the Cig...lol
Old 10-01-2013, 06:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

View the boats in person at a dealer or ask local members and take your better 1/2 along. Things like cabin amenities, windshields, space available affect relationships. ALL boats have pros and coins.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 237 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
yep, Cig did not give a chit about being the fastest in the later years, but to build a great rough water boat that's still fast enough... they are still in business...... not from building junk...

As far as me buying a Fountain, no thanks, I like not getting beat up every weekend, your right, I repowered to 600's, boat runs solid 70 in anything.... lets see you try to hang with me especially in a 32 .... my buddy has one, after 2-3 footers hes slowing way down.....I don't want to have to slow down or stay in because of rough water....

I am not starting a Cig/Fountain war, but looks like you want to.....fact is, Founts are known for being fast, Cigs are known for rough water capability, I have yet to see one thread with Fountain being the leader in rough water... so whatever pal...I betting you never been on a Cig, most guys that talk chit about them have yet to be on one... lol
dude do you really think I give a $hit?? I dont,,,
you are always up here telling us about your stupid old Cig and what a great ride it gives,,I have seen pictures of your boat its ok,,nothing great just ok for a 30 year old boat,,,just go out have fun and enjoy it,,really no reason for you to be reminding us how it crushes the waves and you never spill your beer while running 8 footers..

and you may not know this but Cig had its ups and downs over the years,,Fountain is Not out of business and under Reggie ownership they did not built Junk either,,
do a search and see how many old Cigs had to get transom replacement or stringer replacement because when Cig installed the Kplaines they could not thru bolt one bolt and they used a leg bolt without sealing it and rotted out the stringers from water intrusion..

do I want to try hang with you in my 32??no not really because when your out there getting the $hit kicked out of you running your so called 8 footers I rather be at the bar having a beer..
you may also want to come down to Key West and watch all the Fountains run in the rough,trust me they do pretty good,,, and if they banned all the Fountains from the race course and allowed only Cigs to race then the races would be cancelled,,,Cigs are just not there..lol

My Friend does own a 08 39 Top Gun with 700s,,nice boat,,been out in the rough with him,,does ok,,not to the point that I think it would blow away any other boat,,but it does ok for a 39 foot boat,,
another friend owns a 31 bullet,,been out on it,,not to impressed,,

it is what it is,,you do not have to remind us all the time,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.