Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Did wife cause speeding ticket? >

Did wife cause speeding ticket?

Notices

Did wife cause speeding ticket?

Old 10-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll send a prayer for a full recovery to the 3 of y'alls loved ones.
Last Monday we laid to rest one of my wife's BF's as she lost her battle.
My heart broke for the children as she was widowed, but wonderfully another BFF stepped up and took custody into their family.
3 of my friends currently have either wife, sister, and a mother in the same battle against B-cancer.
In all my life I never remember such much at one time.

May God bless all the women worldwide in this struggle.
Kelly
Old 10-19-2013, 12:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Good for you guys!

Always like hearing good stories!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You know I was talking to my brother in law today & the thought popped in my head, If the damn FLUX CAPACITOR would have worked I would have gotten away!! LOL. Kathy got a haircut today to help ease her into the hair falling out to come & I like it I told her I would get her some hair glue & help her spike it. She is such a trooper, Thank you all for your support & you all have ours too Randy & Kathy
Old 10-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

Randy, what county???

If the ticket was for 88 in a 55mph, then I do not believe you are eligible for the STOP or STAR class to get it dismissed. The limit to take the class is 30mph over.
http://www.safenebraska.org/safe-dri...-dismissal.php

I hope your wife is doing well and makes a full recovery.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 486 Likes on 178 Posts

I just hate making donations to the local fuzz in such a manner . Keep your head up brother and know that's where mine is pointed for all ya all in need of the good Lords help !!! Your bud , Sam
Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 809 Likes on 456 Posts

One Speeding ticket enroute to a night out with your wife is worth it - he!! 10 would be. One good evening out (when they are up to going out and about) when they can enjoy themselves and clear their minds, can do more for their progress than a weeks treatment in the hospital
Old 11-11-2013, 12:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Updating this thread, Griff you were right I was 3mph over the max so I paid the ticket & hope the insurance doesn't go sideways on me. Kathy is doing fine, they are using some different chemo on her so instead of 6 treatments she will only need 4. We even had another date night Friday, without another ticket lol. Best wishes to everyone dealing with this disease. Randy
Old 11-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 809 Likes on 456 Posts

N ice to hear the positive update!

Good luck to you both and everyone here having the same battle!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:25 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Randy Nielsen
Updating this thread, Griff you were right I was 3mph over the max so I paid the ticket & hope the insurance doesn't go sideways on me. Kathy is doing fine, they are using some different chemo on her so instead of 6 treatments she will only need 4. We even had another date night Friday, without another ticket lol. Best wishes to everyone dealing with this disease. Randy
I have learned that many courts will take the full fine and defer adjudication (especially if you have a CDL). It's all about the money anyway!

A buddy got a ticket in a notorious South Texas shale oil speedtrap. I suggested he call and ask, they took the fine and gave him 24 hours deferred!! they are not interested in doing all the paperwork the state wants + if they convict the state shares in the fine.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,993 Likes on 995 Posts

Originally Posted by Wobble
I have learned that many courts will take the full fine and defer adjudication (especially if you have a CDL). It's all about the money anyway!

A buddy got a ticket in a notorious South Texas shale oil speedtrap. I suggested he call and ask, they took the fine and gave him 24 hours deferred!! they are not interested in doing all the paperwork the state wants + if they convict the state shares in the fine.
We do not have anything like that in the area where Randy and I live. The closest thing is the STOP and STAR classes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.