APBA's Grand Bahama races.

Notices

APBA's Grand Bahama races.

Old 08-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Baja,
My "don't care anymore" comment came out of frustration because this is the only sport I enjoy following. And at the risk of asking a stupid question - can someone explain how a record gets "retired". It has created some lively conversations on these docks
J
Old 08-09-2002, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Capt. J,
It's perfectly understandable. There are many of us frustrated and disappointed, myself included.

However, for yourself(and I'm certain a great deal of folks), I can only sympathize...I did not have anything riding on this date like travel plans or the organization of a race team.

The circumstances surrounding this are a LOT more than meets the eye. I must reiterate, that very little, if any, of this untimely change of events were the direct result of anything the APBA did or did not do.

As for the record retiring...There are many better people to answer that question rather than myself. I don't want to mis-speak, and say something I shouldn't. Ordinarily, records are retired when rules change or you get bumped. This particular instance is a lot more complicate.