Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against SBI On Behalf Of Jeffrey Tillman

Notices

Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against SBI On Behalf Of Jeffrey Tillman

Old 11-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,314 Posts
Default Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against SBI On Behalf Of Jeffrey Tillman

Repercussions from the SBI Key West Worlds in 2012 continue, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...effrey-tillman.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 11-11-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...effrey-tillman

I pasted Matt's link and it was a no go - hope this helps anyone lese looking
Old 11-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't get the point in filing a law suit in these circumstances, obviously very sad that said individuals died and may they RIP, but other than purely finicial gains, what do these Lawsuits achieve? Apart from having every race promoter think twice about "promoting" or organizing an event. I think the point is being lost that these people were involved in a "race" of there own free will, and would have had to acknowledge the risks involved before participating, I know I surely do even time I put a race harness on...
Old 11-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 800 Likes on 451 Posts

Nothing like getting that lawsuit in under the wire......

I have alot of respect to the racers that go and all out race out of passion for the sport, the roar of horsepower and the smell of burnt fuel during competition.but everyone including their families knows the risks when they strap in and fire up !

I feel for their deaths and the loss to their families when tragedy strikes... to the lawyers out for a money grab with the farce of making allegations above and beyond what went wrong or families trying to make an example and a payday out of the affair - No compassion at all!

Sorry if it offends. but a blanket lawsuit/ undisclosed $$$ settlement doesn't change what happened and only causes resentment when it should be correcting future action
Old 11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

Didn't this happen in the 2011 race not 2012 ? and is it possible it was filed because SBI has done nothing to improve safety ?
Old 11-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think this lawsuit was filed for financial purposes.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Yes 2011
Old 11-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Nothing like getting that lawsuit in under the wire......

I have alot of respect to the racers that go and all out race out of passion for the sport, the roar of horsepower and the smell of burnt fuel during competition.but everyone including their families knows the risks when they strap in and fire up !

I feel for their deaths and the loss to their families when tragedy strikes... to the lawyers out for a money grab with the farce of making allegations above and beyond what went wrong or families trying to make an example and a payday out of the affair - No compassion at all!

Sorry if it offends. but a blanket lawsuit/ undisclosed $$$ settlement doesn't change what happened and only causes resentment when it should be correcting future action
I don't have a dog in this fight, however, the suit purports certain rules were not followed properly. If you have rules, but don't follow them, what good is it to have rules? If the rules are in place to improve the safety aspect of racing, but the rules are not followed, are they truly committed to ensuring the safety of all involved?

I agree that lawsuits like this one is not good for the sport. However, the loss of lives is not good for the sport either.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,897 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Didn't this happen in the 2011 race not 2012 ? and is it possible it was filed because SBI has done nothing to improve safety ?
My typo on the date. Corrected. As has been the link (which was minus the http:// part)
Old 11-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 692 Likes on 276 Posts

Thats the thing about "rules"... To try and keep people safe in a dangerous sport you make rules. , the more you want to protect people the more rules you make, the more rules you make the more rules there are for you to break. so in your effort to keep people safe, you have given them the ammunition to shoot you with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.