Where to sell my Formula - Florida or LOTO

Notices

Where to sell my Formula - Florida or LOTO

Old 11-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to sell my Formula - Florida or LOTO

After this FMO season I think we've decided that it's time for a CC, they just seem to work better down here for fulltime boating, we'll probably be looking to get either 32-36' Renegade or Concept, we want whatever boat we get still to have a performance feel and be able to go around 65-70mph.

Anyway the question is, when it's time to sell my Formula should I sell it down here or have it hauled back to LOTO and sell it back up North where it came from and spent most of it's life, it'll probably be for sale in the Spring before the LOTO Summer boating season, if anyone that knows my boat, knows that I take care of my stuff and this boat is in great condition.

Any input would be appreciated, sell it in Florida or LOTO........................... thanks. Jim (aka joey)
Old 11-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Are you going to sell it yourself or consign it? If you are going to consign it, I would look to what dealer is moving product like yours. Pier 57 comes to mind. If you are selling it yourself, that is a tough one. There isn't much of a market for FasTech's on LOTO anymore but LOTO is more centrally located than Cape Coral in terms of selling nationwide. If your plan is to spend next summer at LOTO, I'd probably bring it with me and try to sell it there.

I'd add Nor-Tech to your CC list. Good buddy of mine (Mentalpause on here) is taking delivery of a 34 towards the end of this month. The 34 Sunny is also a nice piece.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd have PBC sell it at loto since they are familiar with all of your recent upgrades and such.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Could you not have the Formula transformed into a CC, that would be such a custom job and be bad azz to boot? j/k Good Luck Jim!! Always jealous of the "Naked Bird".
Old 11-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

With the little salt use the boat has and as clean as it is, it should sell fast at either location.

That being said, as we are always boat shopping, I tend to pay more attention to boats that are fresh water listed as to saltwater.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baywatch
I'd have PBC sell it at loto since they are familiar with all of your recent upgrades and such.

Good luck with the sale.
+1
The presumption listing it at LOTO would be that is a freshwater boat. Opposite for Florida.
That said, list the boat where YOU will be just so you can keep an eye on it!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks for the comments guys, it's been a freshwater 98% of it's life and before I brought it down South I had PBC install all the flushout goodies on her and I use them biblically, other than a little outdrive cleanup, she should be good to go in any water.

Since we're planning on coming back to LOTO next Spring, the best plan looks like is to haul her back to LOTO and use her until she sells, then go get whatever new rig floats my boat, sounds like a smart plan, I'm really not hip on owning two boats anymore.

Maybe Brett and the PBC boys will have a nice all white 353 Formula to sell next Spring.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered

Having sold boats in both states I can shed some real time experience Jim. Most brokers in FL just try to get listings since they will more than likely NOT be the person who actually sells the boat. They may not know the ins and outs of a 353? They're just waiting to get their piece of the pie.

At LOTO you'll get better representation by a boater who has had seat time in a 353, sold one or more 353s, maybe even worked for the Formula dealer(hint hint), will be the person who actually sells the boat, knows some history of the boat(not PC history).

Like any broker situation it mostly boils down to working with a trustworthy company and salesman who's goal is to accurately represent what they are selling and do you a good job. It wouldn't hurt if they too owned a Fastech!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
There isn't much of a market for FasTech's on LOTO anymore but LOTO is more centrally located than Cape Coral in terms of selling nationwide.
Why isn't there a market for FasTech's at LOTO anymore? I see a lot of them at LOTO.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,417 Posts

For sure LOTO, Ive bought 3 boats in the last 5 years and when looking I`d skip over anything in any state with salt water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.