Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who remembers the late 80s Scorpion 33ft? >

Who remembers the late 80s Scorpion 33ft?

Notices

Who remembers the late 80s Scorpion 33ft?

Old 08-12-2002, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The boat looks nice from wear I'm sitting !

As for the Miami Vice boat
I can't beleive no one picked up on that one ! Anyone that loves classic boats should know what the maimi vice boats were by hart ! They mostly used the 39 Chris craft STINGER and the 38 Scarab . And I think, at least one of them had V-12 Lamborgini engines in it as I hear MR Johnson liked them !

Hey , Why not get Don Johnson on the board ! He is a power boater ,racer kind of guy ! Who know's him enough to get him on here . It would be interesting to see some of his experience in boats .
Old 08-12-2002, 08:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bull, is this the Bob Bull who raced? Either way, not sure what Bosco means by fit an finish were never there. I owned the 1989 32 Scorpion "UNLEASHED" that I raced in B Class for 5 years. It was an 89 and it was by far, the most durable, stable, driver friendly boat I ever had or driven. Since selling it last year, I still regeret it everyday. If you are looking to purchase and want to chat about some things to be concerned about, which is not much, I would be happy to.
Bruce
Old 08-13-2002, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

bruce, unfortunaltely i am not the bob bull racer......this boat has been sitting by my house for sometime, i didnt know it was for sale until recently. just an interesting boat, it looks familiar, but i never heard of scorpion........everyone knows the chriscraft stingers....and this one is not a chris craft as you know. i think i need to look at this boat closer.......i have a 28ft Outlaw with twin 475hp 454s.....(originally the 28 bertram barron hull that was popped).......and am not getting rid of it. if i had the room i might consider the scorpion!!!!! for 30k you cant go wrong!!!!
Old 08-13-2002, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bull
If you don't go for the boat, please get their phone # and e-mail it to me. I might be interested in it. I can't believe no one has bought this boat yet. But I guess most are scared of an unknown builder.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Banned

It has the beautiful lines of a classic offshore boat. What drives are on it?
Old 08-14-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

IT HAS TRS DRIVES ON IT....WITH BORGWARNER TRANNIES......THE GUY SAID THE MOTORS ARE BALANCED AND BLUPRINTED.......I REALLY NEED TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE BOAT.....I AM NOT IN THE MARKET FOR ANOTHER BOAT, BUT FOUND THIS BOAT IN THE BACKYARD OF A NEIGHBORS HOUSE. I WILL GIVE AN UPDATE SOON
Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Shane
I raced Hurley Stepp's old HB Scorpion with BruceK from the board. He owned it and throttled it I drove. What a great rough water boat! Too bad Bruce sold it. FUN RIDE!
commenting on this old thread..... Were you referring to driving the classic yellow 38 Scorpion ? Would be great to talk to you about it if you are referring to that. I have this boat .