Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter? >

Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?

Notices

Who leaves their boat in Florida for the winter?

Old 12-05-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I would leave it on the east side because of cheap non-stop Southwest flights out of KC to Lauderdale.

I'm all about long weekends. Once a month would keep me sane during these dreadful winters.
Leave it here in Clearwater with our and take allegant in and out for cheap.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Hey Brett, that Ryder638 guy knows what he is talking about.

You know I could go on and on about the reasons why you should.
I don't reasons, I need logistics!!

After this year, I will have the required 2 years of cat ownership so my insurance goes to no lay up period.

I could be on a plane tomorrow for a long weekend if my boat was there now. It's only going to be a high of 19F tomorrow. Already sick of it and it's just starting.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Registered

with our and take allegant in and out for cheap.
??????
Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 158 Posts

??????
Allegaint air flys cheap to St pete/Clearwater trip and direct and the warehouse with the boats is about 10min away.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 153 Likes on 67 Posts

You east coast people are funny!! Here in Californa the low goes to 30 and we flip the hell out!! Lol... And we don't have humitity in the summer, but hey those of u that have been out here or to Havasu it just flat out gets HOT!! But that's better than what- a high of 19? Hell NO!! Idk how you people even live in that weather for more than an Hour!! Haha... Plus it hardly ever rains here!! Just unfortunately it's the worst state in the Country by far to own a business in!! Oh well can't have it all, cause if one place did- well u think China is crowded? Ha that would be the most perfect place on earth and everyone would live there... Anyhow, ya that would be sick to be able to boat in FL in the winter
Old 12-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Registered

I didn't do the FMO poker run, but my wife and I were out all day thanksgiving 76 degrees and nice. IMO the gulf side has much cleaner and nicer beaches
Old 12-06-2013, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live on long island and long island sucks all winter
Old 12-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Allegaint air flys cheap to St pete/Clearwater trip and direct and the warehouse with the boats is about 10min away.
I don't think they fly out of KC

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
You east coast people are funny!! Here in Californa the low goes to 30 and we flip the hell out!! Lol... And we don't have humitity in the summer, but hey those of u that have been out here or to Havasu it just flat out gets HOT!! But that's better than what- a high of 19? Hell NO!! Idk how you people even live in that weather for more than an Hour!! Haha... Plus it hardly ever rains here!! Just unfortunately it's the worst state in the Country by far to own a business in!! Oh well can't have it all, cause if one place did- well u think China is crowded? Ha that would be the most perfect place on earth and everyone would live there... Anyhow, ya that would be sick to be able to boat in FL in the winter
Water is cold in Cali even in the summer!

Originally Posted by Control Freak 32
I didn't do the FMO poker run, but my wife and I were out all day thanksgiving 76 degrees and nice. IMO the gulf side has much cleaner and nicer beaches
If I were buying a place it would be there, but Miami is a better set up for us with my engine builder there, the direct flights, and KW and Miami Boat Show Poker runs.

Originally Posted by lkkse
I live on long island and long island sucks all winter
So does Kansas. Dorothy was so fn' wrong when she said there is no place like home Toto. Screw that, get me to Florida so I can get a tan.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts
Red face 24/7/365

Originally Posted by ryder638
this is my 4th year leaving my boat in florida for the winter and it's the best thing i ever did for myself. I live on long island and long island sucks all winter. I usually get down like 5/6 times a season to use it, i've even flown down 6am, been drunk by 10:00, at Gilberts by 12:00, Tiki bar by 2:00, Monty's by 6:00, flight home by 10:00, in bed by 2am, and back to work by 6am ready for a brand new freezing/****ty day in New York...
Love yer style, dude.

Water is cold in Cali even in the summer!

If I were buying a place it would be there, but Miami is a better set up for us with my engine builder there, the direct flights, and KW and Miami Boat Show Poker runs.

Screw that, get me to Florida so I can get a tan.
I moved to Cali about 15 yrs ago. Didn't last 2 years
Frankie and Annette NEVER told us about that chit! Come to think of it- they were never in the water, always playing bingo on that beach blanket.

Get that biatch on the road. You can park it at my house for the next couple weeks.
The Ritz Carlton is 5 blocks away, you can work on your tan there.
Then, do the FMO run the 30th, Ryan's run on the 1st and drop her in Miami to prep for the Miami Boat Show run.

Simple. Problem(s) solved. Welcome to Florida boating.

You're welcome.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I left my friends topgun and my truck down in pompano beach all winter at Brand X. We are planning on flying down a few times to use it and do some poker runs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.