Notices

Skater 199 mph

Old 12-29-2013, 02:28 AM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pasadena California. Carson is a great engine builder, rigger-set up IMO around. His engine room and dyno is top notch. I'd put a c note JT would back me up on this. I might be wrong but I think he just did the tune up on predator. Not only all this info but back in the day he built a hell of a 20' ski race boat also. Some of the v drives I've seen from his shop are impeccable. Supper nice knowledgeable engine builder that talks with reliable monstrous real HP. He might take a bit longer then some but worth the wait.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 238 Likes on 91 Posts

Some of the cobwebs have gone after a good nights sleep.

So, the boats were called Mandellas. They were made in both wood and glass. Lou Brummett owned the glass molds and built those boats, the wooden ones were built by Orrin Marine..

Lou's raceboat boat was called Rawhide. The name of the movie that Elvis was in was called Clambake.

Lou was killed in the Lake Elsinore race. His son's name was Carson. He used to wear a hard hat at the races that was given to him by Red Adair the famous oil well fire fighter and a Mandella customer.

Interesting point about Mandellas and Lou......He used his race boat in the 60's to pull Butch Peterson in a 1/4 mile run to a speed of 106 MPH. Those boats with big Ford or Hemi's really could get going in a short stretch.

CORRECTION..... I think Butch was pulled by a drag boat, not a mandella and not Lou driving. The year was 1962. Interesting thing about the ski racers back then, Catalina etc, was they also competed at a high level with slalom, jumping and trick skis too, these guys just loved to compete.

Butch Peterson was another famous race driver of that era and a world class athlete. He was training for the Olympics and out riding his 10 speed bike and was hit by a car. It left him in. coma, not sure if he ever died.

Last edited by Top Banana; 12-29-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Carson is the man. He also built the motors in the old Predator that did awesome at this years Loto shoot Out. 1991 40 Skater going 170 plus
Carson gets my vote, and ah yes thanks Vern for the 160 ++ MPH ride at LOTO, my wife says that I haven't looked at OUR skater the same ever since. Picture#3 is us chasing down Tagge's all white 36 in front of Camden on the lake
Picture #1 is that look afterward of me thinking about a clean pair of shorts
Attached Thumbnails Skater 199 mph-img_3254.jpg   Skater 199 mph-img_3246.jpg   Skater 199 mph-img_3270.jpg  

Last edited by davidmercury; 12-29-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by blingbling
Pasadena California. Carson is a great engine builder, rigger-set up IMO around. His engine room and dyno is top notch. I'd put a c note JT would back me up on this. I might be wrong but I think he just did the tune up on predator. Not only all this info but back in the day he built a hell of a 20' ski race boat also. Some of the v drives I've seen from his shop are impeccable. Supper nice knowledgeable engine builder that talks with reliable monstrous real HP. He might take a bit longer then some but worth the wait.
Yes he did the tune on the new Predator, and built the engines that are in the old one. He is a super cool and nice guy. The engines that are in those two 388s are the badest engines around!! I can't post vids or pics, so if someone wants to give me an email I can send them all to someone and they can then post.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:54 AM
F26
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what type of power did the silver boat have that JT almost ran over those people in ?
Old 03-24-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
He's got the biggest balls of them all.......AC/DC
Incredible boat , incredible speed , legendary throttleman !!!
While JT is the man, he is far from crazy. He was quoted saying after attempting the V-bottom speed record in the Cig at 160 mph + "I will never attempt the v-bottom record again, Reggie is crazy"

Huge balls, legendary, brilliant, and will live a long long life. JT is amazing
Old 03-24-2014, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by F26
what type of power did the silver boat have that JT almost ran over those people in ?
Not sure about running over people but are you talking about the 2013 Loto skater?
Old 03-24-2014, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

The one JT drove at Havasu that year is the same one that just flipped over there last year. It had Teague motors bumped up to 1500 last year. When JT drive it I believe they were only like 12-1300
Old 03-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
While JT is the man, he is far from crazy. He was quoted saying after attempting the V-bottom speed record in the Cig at 160 mph + "I will never attempt the v-bottom record again, Reggie is crazy"

Huge balls, legendary, brilliant, and will live a long long life. JT is amazing
I have briefly met Johnny at TNT several times over the past few years. He is as humble as the day is long. You would think he is a triathelete if you met him. Truely someone to admire an aspire to be in any sport or business, balls or not.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F26
He was driving a DCB and he veered off the course and went around a group of spectators.
Not as dramatic as you make it sound.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.