Notices

Question about people.

Old 12-30-2013, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Ok first off. Not a soul at the ramp. Totally empty. Not just this guy but have had it happen talking to guys anchored up or wherever. Sorry to all who defend this behavior I was raised different. This was a holier than thou attitude.

Maybe I'm asking the wrong crowd. Guess we have a lot of holier than thou here.

Hope y'all don't treat someone that way and end up needing help!!

Last edited by Crude Intentions; 12-30-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
I sometimes don't want to do the stop and chat when I trying to get on the water. So many things to think of and on my mind. I just want to get launched and on the water.

The launch ramp is kind of a fast pass place where its hard to relax. I travel a lot and like to watch people panic and be crazy while at the airport, Its kind of the same thing.

I am sure the guy you were trying to talk to had a lot on his mind. Maybe he just did some work on the boat and worried if it will even start. Thinking about if the battery is charged, maybe his wife just left him and he needs to get on the water to think, etc....

It's always a good idea to not judge and consider what's really going on with people. I would guess this guy is a good guy and maybe under different circumstances you would think he is a great dude.

If you want to know what I think is wrong with people is that people are too fast to judge and don't think about what's really going on. Empathy is a powerful thing.

MP

I do judge if your a d$ck when someone just says hi and nice boat.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've come across a few jerks here and there that thought they were too cool to talk to someone they thought was beneath them but for the most part peformance boaters are pretty friendly. Have lost count of the number of OSO members or other peformance boaters that I've introduced myself to and chatted up at the dock, rafted up, on the beach, or wherever. Most are just like me, love to talk boats.

The flip side is the people that come up asking rude questions like "How much did that cost?" or "Must be your dads boat huh." I struggle to be polite to those guys.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

He may have thought his Boat was the Sh*t and that you have never seen or heard of one like it. He was expecting you to Bombard him with questions, maybe like, How many steering wheels does it have. Does it run on gas or AC. Them trailer tires might fit my truck, not this one, I have a 1979 F-100 at home, I'm rebuilding it, it's got a good hood..

Really though, "some" people think they are above you cause they have a big boat, Mostly, people with big boats are the nicest people you could meet, Like most of the peeps on this forum. I usually just take people at face value. If I'm kind and you act like a Schmuck then You get Schmuck Back
Old 12-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

Maybe he just thought you owned a Cig,,,,,,,
Old 12-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 747 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Just saw a guy puttin a 42 lightning in at the ramp. Tried to talk to him and he was real short and arrogant. What gives? Not the first time I've tried to say hi and talk to someone about their boat.

Are you like this? Why would anyone act this way? Just wondering
Did you asked him if his 42' Fountain really was 38' ?
Old 12-30-2013, 03:39 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 486 Likes on 178 Posts

Story of my life , I treat everyone like they treat me . If your an azz then tell me how it feels when the cat goes around ya .
Old 12-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Back in the day, at a Pier 33 poker run, I met 2 guys that were polar opposites. One was driving "Smokin' Joe", one was driving "Ohio Steel". One of them was a riot to be around, and was pretty much a regular guy. The other seemed short & arrogant...

Last edited by offshore312; 12-30-2013 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-30-2013, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 648 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Maybe he just thought you owned a Cig,,,,,,,
Bingo!!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 260 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
I sometimes don't want to do the stop and chat when I trying to get on the water. So many things to think of and on my mind. I just want to get launched and on the water.

The launch ramp is kind of a fast pass place where its hard to relax. I travel a lot and like to watch people panic and be crazy while at the airport, Its kind of the same thing.

I am sure the guy you were trying to talk to had a lot on his mind. Maybe he just did some work on the boat and worried if it will even start. Thinking about if the battery is charged, maybe his wife just left him and he needs to get on the water to think, etc....

It's always a good idea to not judge and consider what's really going on with people. I would guess this guy is a good guy and maybe under different circumstances you would think he is a great dude.

If you want to know what I think is wrong with people is that people are too fast to judge and don't think about what's really going on. Empathy is a powerful thing.

MP
I was not there but I dont think that was the case,,,,If some one walks up to me and tells me I have a nice boat I say thank you,,not act like a d!ck,,,but then that never happens to me because I do not own one of those cigar boats...

Originally Posted by msjbtex
I agree with cat, Usually when I'm at the ramp I'm worried about everything including getting my 40 ft boat outta there before someone decides it's time to play bumper boats with it. I think that a lot of people with performance boats have a ton of worries when they are pulling them off the trailer , I bet if you ran across the same guy in the marina or at the fuel dock you would have formed a different opinion.
makes no difference if its 40 feet long or 18 feet long,,smile and say thank you...if its that stress full to take out a boat I would leave it on the trailer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.