Notices

Question about people.

Old 12-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Question about people.

Just saw a guy puttin a 42 lightning in at the ramp. Tried to talk to him and he was real short and arrogant. What gives? Not the first time I've tried to say hi and talk to someone about their boat.

Are you like this? Why would anyone act this way? Just wondering
Old 12-30-2013, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 247 Likes on 123 Posts

Yep ,,had that happened to me as well,,,a couple of times,,,
Old 12-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could it have been that .45 hog leg you had strapped on the side of that rabbit suit?

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 12-30-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sometimes don't want to do the stop and chat when I trying to get on the water. So many things to think of and on my mind. I just want to get launched and on the water.

The launch ramp is kind of a fast pass place where its hard to relax. I travel a lot and like to watch people panic and be crazy while at the airport, Its kind of the same thing.

I am sure the guy you were trying to talk to had a lot on his mind. Maybe he just did some work on the boat and worried if it will even start. Thinking about if the battery is charged, maybe his wife just left him and he needs to get on the water to think, etc....

It's always a good idea to not judge and consider what's really going on with people. I would guess this guy is a good guy and maybe under different circumstances you would think he is a great dude.

If you want to know what I think is wrong with people is that people are too fast to judge and don't think about what's really going on. Empathy is a powerful thing.

MP
Old 12-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered

I agree with cat, Usually when I'm at the ramp I'm worried about everything including getting my 40 ft boat outta there before someone decides it's time to play bumper boats with it. I think that a lot of people with performance boats have a ton of worries when they are pulling them off the trailer , I bet if you ran across the same guy in the marina or at the fuel dock you would have formed a different opinion.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The guy probably didn't have enough marshmallow treats in his breakfast cereal.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Was his name Napoleon?
Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Just saw a guy puttin a 42 lightning in at the ramp. Tried to talk to him and he was real short and arrogant. What gives? Not the first time I've tried to say hi and talk to someone about their boat.

Are you like this? Why would anyone act this way? Just wondering
Old 12-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I make it a point to start a friendly conversation with at least one stranger every day. Most of the time, they look at me like my head is on sideways but I don't care, I just keep talking
Old 12-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Registered

Maybe hej ust stole the boat and was worried you might be a cop....
.... or... maybe he had just kidnapped 4 young females and had them naked and tied up in the cabin
with fresh whipped cream disolving in a bowl next to the baby oil and the feathers. ....
..... or he had captured a goat and had just put a bag over it's head and had it tied to the port-a-potty where he was planning on shaving the creatures private parts for an afternoon delight.....
.... or.... He might have just thought you were a jerk.

Not sure what the problem could have been.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ill usually say let me drop the boat in and dock it...most ppl are rushed at the ramp trying to get in and out..or he was just a a s s..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.