Notices

46 Cig in 15' waves VIDEO

Old 01-16-2014, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 238 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
This is a 15 foot high day. The one rouge wave he launches on is is 20 plus but the rest of them are about 10- 15.

The ocational 8 foot in the the video is probably true but not 15 . IMO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwsCyRol4TA
camera did not make those waves look small...
Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If you didn't know - I used to boat on Lake Michigan until my wife ( early onset Alzheimer's ) would freak out every time the boat left the water. She won't even go to Lake Michigan now. And YES the waves on Lake Michigan do have a trough. The big ones have big ones.
Lake Michigan can get real bad real quick. I have been out in 6 footers with a 25 Checkmate from Grand Haven to South Haven. And Back.
I have had the SCARAB out in 8 footers once - never again. I have raced other boats in 4's and that was fun.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Extra special honorable mention one this day had to go to our very own Brother Mike. Allegedly, he knocked himself unconscious, came to with his fiancé splashing water on his face, and STILL drove like this. He DID get the cover shot in Powerboat mag, though, so it was worth it! Lol. Not bad for a 525/Bravo boat!

I still shake my head when looking at the first pic! Looks Photoshopped! Must have been a HELL of a landing!

Thats the one I was thinking of.. The deck separated from the hull on Mikes boat that day…. What a great run… I remember it like it was yesterday.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 01-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Thats the one I was thinking of.. The deck separated from the hull on Mikes boat that day…. What a great run… I remember it like it was yesterday.
That's some insane running right there! Knock out and deck separation was worth it for those pics!

Hardcore!
Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Havent been on here in a while and I can see its not short of any A S S Holes lately,
I boat out of that Harbor and when waves come rolling in from the northeast like that first one did in the video. Its big water. A 46 Cig with bow/sky action in that water needs skill and tender care or youll stuff the sucker like it was a jet boat. 95% of you would be crying for your mommy's.
Unless you've boat on Lake Michigan you have no clue.... Try since 1993, I've been in real big S H I T over those 20 years.
Now back to the nonsense....

Last edited by Back4More; 01-17-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Back4More
Havent been on here in a while and I can see its not short of any A S S Holes lately,
I boat out of that Harbor and when waves come rolling in from the northeast like that first one did in the video. Its big water. A 46 Cig with bow/sky action in that water needs skill and tender care or youll stuff the sucker like it was a jet boat. 95% of you would be crying for your mommy's.
Unless you've boat on Lake Michigan you have no clue.... Try since 1993, I've been in real big S H I T over those 20 years.
Now back to the nonsense....

But you where in a Fountain....cake walk for Fountain guys.....
Old 01-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
So how big were they the weekend the 382 was disappearing into the troughs, and the Jet was taking them over the tunnel? NOAA said 7-9, and I agree. When I was in the bottom of the wave, I could not see anything but water. The bow was struggling not to stuff, and when I would roll over the crest the props would certainly come out. Spacing between crests was approximately 1.5 boat lengths, and I could put the stren in the bottom and just be cresting with the bow.. Absolutely no way to run "at speed" in those monsters. I guess by the OSO wave measuring scale I was in 38' ers

I was suprised my TV was still in the boat when I got there.

Now if i had been in my 24 Cig i could have run WFO all the way to the bay.
I ran across ERIE to PIB a few years back in my Velocity in the fall. There was a small craft warning. The Jet Express ran up to Wyandotte Yacht Club and back. They had people falling over in the Jet Express. I would say we were in 6-8 with an occasional swell of 9-10. It was a wet ride in following seas. When down in between the waves we couldn't see anything but a wall of water. We could only see the horizon once we climbed the next wave. It was like surfing with the boat. We ran about 35 and made the trip in about 1.5 hrs. I ran faaster than I wanted to, but didn't want to slow it down and fall off of plane...... I can say I did it but I wouldn't do it again.

Wonder how my new Concept will handle bigger water???
Old 01-17-2014, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

It seems like there are many people stating how big waves can get on Lake Michigan. Nobody is denying that. What many are saying, 16 pages ago, is those waves are not 15 feet.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought they said 12' and others said it looked like only 4's.
Yes tbone, My 42 has been though some nasty water.
Worst was in a 42 straight bottom cig and we would get knocked of plane evey few waves.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 294 Likes on 103 Posts

Amazing how people seem to know all about Lake Michigan (and other great lakes) but have NEVER boated on them!

I know the waves in the video were bigger then 100% of the users on here bashing have EVER boated in.

I BEG all the naysayers to come run the great lakes this summer when its rough and post their own videos.................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.