Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Jacksonville poker run ....? >

The Jacksonville poker run ....?

Notices

The Jacksonville poker run ....?

Old 01-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In base ball there is something known as a run on errors , that is sort of where I have ended up.I may not know a lot about poker runs , but I have some what stumbeled into suces with the toy run . A success not because I poketed a lot of money , but a success in that you brought thousands in gift and toys to the TFT tour . There is the success . Each person donated in gifts what he was comfortable with , Yes there is a registration and this year it was $37.oo to with I gave you a 1wristband 2- event T-shirts a travel bag and poured a keg of beer at a meet and greet on the dock and provided a live band party on both Fri and Saturday. And there was free breakfast and free dockage . I also handed out random prizes to first timer sand anyone I saw wearing the wrist band through out the event . I also hired a greeter to welcome the guests . . I may not be the be ALL of event guys but I wanted all my guests to feel welcome and give them the most I could .
I have sent invitations numbering in the 5000 range to every other poker run in the nation I could find , maybe because I did not know any better . One thing I know that in all situations you must make your guests ans associates feel welcom . and comfortable. You must be what you want,, if you would like people to be generious and supportive you must first show that to them first be generious and supportive ..
At Disney I think they have a pricing statigy that they raise the prices till 10% walk away from the gate . But it seem that for some poker runs 90% have walked away . Was it the price ? I hope that events like mine for $37 have not lead to the demise of some of these bigger greater status events like Jax and Ft Myers . I have said that at my event for 4% of the price of a big poker runs you can have 96% of the fun of those big runs ….. Iwiil write more later

Last edited by raceboat rus; 01-15-2014 at 12:42 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 809 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
It's in the works
As always, I offer any help that is needed. Looking forward to this once again !!
Old 01-16-2014, 02:38 PM
FPC Events
VIP Member

I agree that a lower price is better for this event. And we (Stu & I) hope that the event does well going forward!

The problem with FPC running the Jacksonville event is we are such a big machine with our web site, magazine and television show to edit and produce, our cost structure is just higher.

We tried to keep the event going but last year we had under 20 boats who registered. But the lunch stop was as crowded as ever...

The best part of the 2013 event was that we were still able the raise & donate $20,000 to the Camp Amigo charity (for children who have been severely burned, this is a summer camp for them to attend).

And anyone who thinks that we (Stu & I) do not care about our friends (club members) and boating, then you obviously do not know us...
And yes, we pay everyone who works for us. Is that a bad thing?
Old 01-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jackie.fpc
I agree that a lower price is better for this event. And we (Stu & I) hope that the event does well going forward!

The problem with FPC running the Jacksonville event is we are such a big machine with our web site, magazine and television show to edit and produce, our cost structure is just higher.

We tried to keep the event going but last year we had under 20 boats who registered. But the lunch stop was as crowded as ever...

The best part of the 2013 event was that we were still able the raise & donate $20,000 to the Camp Amigo charity (for children who have been severely burned, this is a summer camp for them to attend).

And anyone who thinks that we (Stu & I) do not care about our friends (club members) and boating, then you obviously do not know us...

When you require a poker run participant to pay roughly 500.00 on top off the cost of the poker run to become a member just to do the run. That prices it out for a lot of people, they can take that money and do another run with it. So in a sense you get to do 2 runs for what it cost to just one of your runs. Which for me and a lot of my friends who do poker runs we would much rather do more runs and enjoy our boating times ( which is why we have this pass time ). IMO
Old 01-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I will definitely miss you guys this year!! Drinking too much and insulting Bill on stage will not be as fun as drinking too much and insulting Stu on stage!! I really enjoy all your runs (probably too much) and will miss what FPC brings to the events. I will do a pickle back shot in FPC's honor with Buster at Finn McCools

Steve
Old 01-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Platinum Member

Steve we will be there for your run, Just let us know the dates.
Old 01-16-2014, 03:52 PM
FPC Events
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kickin32
When you require a poker run participant to pay roughly 500.00 on top off the cost of the poker run to become a member just to do the run. That prices it out for a lot of people, they can take that money and do another run with it. So in a sense you get to do 2 runs for what it cost to just one of your runs. Which for me and a lot of my friends who do poker runs we would much rather do more runs and enjoy our boating times ( which is why we have this pass time ). IMO
We do not have a $500 membership option. And we do not require membership for local teams.
BUT I do understand that FPC runs are expensive. I agree that this poker run will attract a larger group with a lower event fee.

And Thanks Steve! Cheers to you also!
Old 01-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Registered

We do not have a $500 membership option. And we do not require membership for local teams.
BUT I do understand that FPC runs are expensive. I agree that this poker run will attract a larger group with a lower event fee.

And Thanks Steve! Cheers to you also!

As i said roughly on the 500 you platinum is 449.00

Event Fee: $750 (Captain and First Mate) Membership is required for this event so, please BECOME A MEMBER! It's fast and easy with many levels to choose!

$249.00/year*
Membership Includes:

- 365 day program with access to all club events
- Embroidered Club T-shirt in your choice of colors.
- Powerboating Video of your choice… dozens of titles to choose from
- Powerboating in Paradise News subscription. Four times yearly.
- Access to all Membership discount programs.
- Commercial referrals for marine-related purchases.
- Monthly club mailings & e-mail news bulletins.

As stated on your website you must be a member to do this run. I am not local and a lot of my friends come down from up north so for us to do this run it would be 1000.00
Old 01-16-2014, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IRWIN
Steve we will be there for your run, Just let us know the dates.
I was just looking for your shop today. Got lost, went North of Mass. not South. I will stop in Friday. ( A little thread stealing here).
I keep missing the Toys run, at least with the boat, but I done the bike runs.
I will try to make yours too Boomer, next year.
The Jax.. St. Johns river is great for ALL boat types. And with all due respect to FPC, you guys need to change your business mission for the average Joe and not cater specifically to the few deep pocket boys. The "big" boys will do runs no matter what the costs, but due to current economical situations, the FPC runs just don't have the value. Especially with the insurance BS add on, (my pet pee issue) This is not just my .02, I discussed this with many boaters. I suggest, humbly.... (and Jackie and Stu, we discussed this in the past) FPC needs to get more boaters involved, with lower costs, not just a few with high costs. Do the math. 20+- boaters,( IN Jax 03) at $1000 with crew etc. or 75 boats at $500. Plus.. does additional crew really costs sooooo much? C'mon.. let's get real. Allow us to pack the boats and have fun.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Registered

+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.