Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by the deep
I surrender...........
Me Too!! "UNCLE"
Old 02-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 957 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by abones
OK gang here we go again!!! temps to -27 tonight in the upper Midwest and -10-12 in Michigan and it is to stay for a few days. WTF??
I just got out of my pool........

S FL has been hot the past 2 weeks, like 80 degrees! I talked to a buddy that just brought a big Viking back from the Bahamas, he said the Gulfstream was 80.5 degrees, that is very warm for Feb....about 6 weeks early for sure!
Old 02-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I just got out of my pool........

S FL has been hot the past 2 weeks, like 80 degrees! I talked to a buddy that just brought a big Viking back from the Bahamas, he said the Gulfstream was 80.5 degrees, that is very warm for Feb....about 6 weeks early for sure!
Blah Blah Blah who cares!! JUST KIDDING I'm truly JEALOUS! glad someone is having fun on the water! But look at all the Gas $$ we are saving????
Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 693 Likes on 277 Posts

Winterizing is easy, take your boat to the shop to have work done and tell them no hurry.... boat sits in heated shop all winter. When you want to work on your boat, take the shop owner lunch (decent lunch not to the dollar menu). Also helps to make yourself avail. to the shop owner for work details etc....

**disclaimer**

This works best when the said shop owner is a friend.
If the shop owner is a good friend, you may possibly have the added bonus of rides on his boat as yours isn't finished yet.

FYI:

If you get a ride on the shop owners bigger faster then your boat, do NOT send the lunch meat on another friends boat, even if you are all headed to the same place.

But wait there is more....

The shop owner may encourage you to do extensive fiberglass work on your boat while you are waiting him to finish the fiberglass work he is doing to your boat. I believe this is because said shop owners find it amusing to see you wobble from severe resin fume intoxication as well as watch you wiggle, squirm and bounce around from the fiberglass itchy scratchies.

Last edited by phragle; 02-26-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:24 PM
Registered

Soooo -4 coming home tonight -16 predicted -30 windchill for Friday, now I ask respectfully why summarize if we are lucky we might get 2 months to boat this year! also before anyone chimes in and calls me a whiny crybaby I will be the first to call me that because I'm one!!! I will now go and watch the weather channel and slip deeper into a depressed state! OH LOOK 81 degrees in Havasu! you guys suck! (just kidding) Good by gotta put more wood on the fire!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by abones
Soooo -4 coming home tonight -16 predicted -30 windchill for Friday, now I ask respectfully why summarize if we are lucky we might get 2 months to boat this year! also before anyone chimes in and calls me a whiny crybaby I will be the first to call me that because I'm one!!! I will now go and watch the weather channel and slip deeper into a depressed state! OH LOOK 81 degrees in Havasu! you guys suck! (just kidding) Good by gotta put more wood on the fire!
Worst winter ever. Totally depressing in every way. I am a person who not only loves warm weather because it feels good, but because I am just not an indoors person. When it is cold like this, you simply cant get things done. Whether its maintainance on my vehicles, the house, general cleaning outdoors, etc. Just love being outdoors. Heck, you cant even stand outside and talk to a neighbor for more than 1 minute without freezing your dik off. Anywhere you go it is a chore, because you know you have to park the car, bundle up, walk inside, unbundle, walk back out, rebundle, get in car, unbundle, its a pain in the azz.

I think this winter has really made up my mind about living here. I made a promise to myself I will not die in Chicago. Probably much later than sooner, but I will be under blue skies and warm breeze 365.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

My 101 year old Mom lives in Duluth, MN. I called her last night to tell her I was sitting in 60 degree temperatures out on my deck looking at the Donzi on the boat lift on the lake after a great day of alpine skiing. She told me it was going to be -41 where she lives and she was right. I used to live there but saw the light 50 years ago and moved.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wwahl
My 101 year old Mom lives in Duluth, MN. I called her last night to tell her I was sitting in 60 degree temperatures out on my deck looking at the Donzi on the boat lift on the lake after a great day of alpine skiing. She told me it was going to be -41 where she lives and she was right. I used to live there but saw the light 50 years ago and moved.
You my friend are one smart man!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I made a promise to myself I will not die in Chicago.
I never understood what aching joints felt like until I lived there for four years. Cold weather definitely ages you faster than warm weather. If it was socially acceptable to dress like an Eskimo then it probably wouldn't have been that bad.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

It's just down right stupid! I feel so bad for my dog having to go pee on huge hard snow piles! That must suck! All I can hope for is my parents never get rid of the condo in Naples. After 50 years of this nonsense they said peace out and have been there every winter for 10 years now. Sad thing is I never made it down during the worst winter ever.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.