Notices

Led Lighting

Old 01-30-2014, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led Lighting

I am looking for led lighting for under my gunwhales in my cockpit, in my engine compartment, and under the lip of my swim platform. I was looking at these http://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/side-emitting/ but was looking for other suggestion. I want to be able to wire them into an accessory switch on the dash.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:24 AM
Registered

I have some led replacements that went I to the light pods I already had. They have a good product. And quick shipping
Old 01-31-2014, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have some of these under my gunnels http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Wat...led+waterproof they work great but usually start to fail after a year so I have been replacing them annually. The wont last long at all under the swim platform, but will probably do ok in the motor room

I also have these on the underside of my T-top and they are very bright, very high quality and should be a permanent installation. http://www.lumiteclighting.com/produ...op-lights/halo

I would go with the strips under the gunnels and the Halo or something else from Lumitec in the motor room and under the platform. You could also use the Halo everywhere and then with one switch you can control all the lights together both dimming and color change depending on the version you get. I have the white, red, blue, dimming version.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kevinb230
I have some led replacements that went I to the light pods I already had. They have a good product. And quick shipping
Yea I read some reviews on there replacement lights, and people really were happy with them, but only saw 1 that mentioned there LED strips.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
I have some of these under my gunnels http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Wat...led+waterproof they work great but usually start to fail after a year so I have been replacing them annually. The wont last long at all under the swim platform, but will probably do ok in the motor room

I also have these on the underside of my T-top and they are very bright, very high quality and should be a permanent installation. http://www.lumiteclighting.com/produ...op-lights/halo

I would go with the strips under the gunnels and the Halo or something else from Lumitec in the motor room and under the platform. You could also use the Halo everywhere and then with one switch you can control all the lights together both dimming and color change depending on the version you get. I have the white, red, blue, dimming version.
I saw the supernight ones, and the one reason why i moved on from them is cause they have a controller. As I want to wire these to my courtesy lights switch on my dash, and I just want them to be blue.

How many strips do you have of these? and how bright are they?
Old 01-31-2014, 09:09 AM
Registered

Lumitec has a great product for a great price.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Registered

After reading reviews on lighting and then speaking with a guy at Superbrightleds I went ahead and ordered these:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...light-bar/123/

I will update this thread once I receive and see how they work.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had some waterproof LED strip left over and stuck it to the underside of my platform and ran the wire in thru the cockpit drain thru hull. Didn't know how it'd work or like it, so figured no holes and no cost to try. Been on there 2 yrs now and still going strong. Wired to an empty acc switch on dash
Attached Thumbnails Led Lighting-167427_4191705877787_687514918_n.jpg  
Old 01-31-2014, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I had some waterproof LED strip left over and stuck it to the underside of my platform and ran the wire in thru the cockpit drain thru hull. Didn't know how it'd work or like it, so figured no holes and no cost to try. Been on there 2 yrs now and still going strong. Wired to an empty acc switch on dash
Sweet, good to hear. How long is the strip you used under the platform, and what did you use to attach it?. Also, the lighting I got is IP67 rating, which means it can be completely submerged up to 1 meter for 30 minutes or less. That will never happen on my swim platform, and if it does I have more to worry about then the LED strip light LOL
Old 01-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
I saw the supernight ones, and the one reason why i moved on from them is cause they have a controller. As I want to wire these to my courtesy lights switch on my dash, and I just want them to be blue.

How many strips do you have of these? and how bright are they?
They are just 12v strips you don't have to use the controller but if all you want is blue the strips come in a single colors just buy blue strips. If it was me and I didn't want or need the RGB I would all lumitec halos wired to one switch and then the entire boat is the same color and dimming level.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.