Notices

Desert Storm changes..

Old 02-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Desert Storm changes..

Heard that the poker run scene is having some big changes this year for the Friday run... changes that we might not favor too much?!?! I'm speculating that it might be speed limiting? Anyone else know more and would like to share.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm... can't imagine why...
Old 02-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

One damn stupid accident and we are forced to OVER REACT!! Just like everything else!!
Old 02-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

How about as part of the entry forms and fees, the DRIVER and Crews MUST take an IQ test, pass you run, fail you watch. Pretty simple to me.......
Old 02-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think getting all drivers to follow what is said at the drivers meeting is a good start.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

start with teaching the cat owners not to positive trim your boat
Old 02-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attended 2 events late last year and they established a speed limit at the drivers meeting, tough to enforce but one was communicated. I speculate due to liability insurance elements for the promoter.

I have seen so many comments on overtrimming causing the accidents. IMHO that was not the cause of the desert storm accident. Not all cats run like Skaters, neutral trim. Every DCB I have been in requires some positive trim, including mine. That said, after 100/110 MPH and under acceleration way overtrimming would simply cause the prop to blowout and likely throw a propeller blade. We will likely never know all the facts on these accidents, can only draw conclusions from video. Bottom line, drive safe, look far ahead, plan/hold your line even if that means you cannot charge to the front and most importantly always be planning for a defensive move required by circumstances outside your control. That is how you avoid future incidents. Adrenaline and ego need to be kept in check. Easier said then enforced however....
Old 02-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
start with teaching the cat owners not to positive trim your boat
paul,its statements like this that cause people to pick on you,you do not own a cat nor do you have experiance driving one and not all cats require the same trim angles.do you really think trim angle causes accidents in cats?
Old 02-11-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 763 Likes on 412 Posts

Cats like to pack air, not water.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
One damn stupid accident and we are forced to OVER REACT!! Just like everything else!!
I don't think it is an over reaction to "one incident" as it is a preventative measure to prevent further accidents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.