Reggie & Reggie Considering Raising the Kilo V-Bottom Record >

Reggie & Reggie Considering Raising the Kilo V-Bottom Record

Notices

Reggie & Reggie Considering Raising the Kilo V-Bottom Record

Old 05-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
If I'm not mistaken rf3 has reworked twisted metals bottom and is currently under another 42. So. These could be rf bottomed fountains potentially doing this. Not from the original mold.
Nailed it.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 152 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by vette131
After seeing both speed runs In my opinion the OL is way safer at those speeds. The Fountain looked like a bass boat balancing on the pad while the OL looked much more in control.
What u are failing to realize is that the fastest is not EVER MOST COMFORTABLE!! Look at JJ in nascar- he's simply the best at driving uncomfortable fastest car! So that's what wins. Talked to a guy that used to work for both OL and Fountain, and he said for a nice Sunday cruise he'd choose an OL, to win a race he'd pick a Fountain!!

PS- he told me the truth about 2004, OL heard what Reggie ran and left town with their tail between their legs, no mechanical problems, they just didn't want to be embarrassed!!! All goes back to Mike F's competitive nature- which is he has NONE!!
Old 05-09-2014, 11:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
What u are failing to realize is that the fastest is not EVER MOST COMFORTABLE!! Look at JJ in nascar- he's simply the best at driving uncomfortable fastest car! So that's what wins. Talked to a guy that used to work for both OL and Fountain, and he said for a nice Sunday cruise he'd choose an OL, to win a race he'd pick a Fountain!!

PS- he told me the truth about 2004, OL heard what Reggie ran and left town with their tail between their legs, no mechanical problems, they just didn't want to be embarrassed!!! All goes back to Mike F's competitive nature- which is he has NONE!!
Paul F built great boats back in the day & the Hustler / Fountain rivalry kept things moving in the right direction for the sport . As for Mike F .... Well you know the old saying if ya don't have anything nice to say…..
Old 05-10-2014, 09:28 AM
Registered

Mike F. may not have a competitive nature but he does have the record.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 876 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by dsparis
I think staying in business in the worst economy I've ever seen with a product that that is useless for nothing other than the folly of rich people shows he's pretty damn competitive IMO. There's plenty of other boat manufacturers that can't say the same including this board's boat building & racing "god".
Old 05-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Registered

Any takers wanna bet on how many more hours until the KING or one of his boys climbs aboard sumthin & takes it back ? Them southern boys get chilly easy ripping around at around 200 mph , so I'd give it another week or two for it to get warmer & that's probably why they haven't smashed that record already ;-)
Old 05-11-2014, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 197 Likes on 104 Posts

And, as already mentioned, is still in business. There is something to be said for setting aside one's ego, for the sake of sound business decisions. This may have been overlooked by a legend?
Old 05-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 73 Posts

So first it was said Twisted Metal was getting ready to take the record back, now it's another boat saying it's the boat to take the record back, and then Kenny offers his Sterling's since they evidently don't have engines to do it with? It sounded like they were already prepping a boat to take the record back and now it sounds like they haven't even started. I'm chalking it up to blowing smoke up our...
Old 05-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by precisiondetails

10mph faster and in control means the bottom design is superior to the Fountains.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 202 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by vette131
10mph faster and in control means the bottom design is superior to the Fountains.
Well technically the OL went 181 and the fountain 177 for their fastest one way passes so, the boat is really only 4mph faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.