Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
When an XR drive is not enough, is there any other options other than #6 drives? >

When an XR drive is not enough, is there any other options other than #6 drives?

Notices

When an XR drive is not enough, is there any other options other than #6 drives?

Old 02-18-2014, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok nobody's said it yet bravo! Well done

"Wobble" is right there are similar clutches on may ag pto driven machines and it seems a perfect match for an outdrive
Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

There are some great innovations in this thread.
The drive guardian stands out.
In a perfect world the fastest and most efficient propulsion system is in fact a straight shaft with a surfacing propeller period.
Gears, right angles, chains, clutches, transmissions,crash boxes even u joints all remove torque to the propeller
You remove torque you remove speed.
Sometimes practicality removes these options.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,417 Posts
You guys do realize this is the longest winter thread with no bickering and fighting ever right??
Old 02-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Give it time
THat's cause no one Fountain, OL or Apache yet.

Sounds like a really trick piece. I would love to get my hands on one. Let me know if i can help you guys out with any testing. I have several over powered XR boats in the shop now
Old 02-19-2014, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to try to get 2 for my Sutphen / XR bravo set up.
Currently the motors are out and I am building and with 604 cu inch naturally aspirated .....I am a buyer for this ( 750~800 horse)
When will they be available?
I would need them by May the latest before they go back in. If possible.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,477 Likes on 824 Posts

Do they take the place of the bravo drive coupler?

How many run hours do they have in a boat, hp, boat weight? Seems like a cool engineering idea, can you send me a copy of the test report you referenced?

[email protected]

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:40 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Do they take the place of the bravo drive coupler?

How many run hours do they have in a boat, hp, boat weight? Seems like a cool engineering idea, can you send me a copy of the test report you referenced?

[email protected]

Thanks.
Yes sir, not sure if motor has to move a little. That question not answered yet
Old 02-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a great idea! While I don't think this will eliminate failures completely (especially with big power in bravo apps), I do agree in theory this product should certainly reduce drive failures for those folks who are airing out the props. I suspect setting the torque slip might be a little bit of a balancing act and hopefully the setting doesn't drift much with use and time... but I like the multi-clutch design which should be robust. It would be great if the torque setting could be adjusted through a port in the bell-housing.

It looks like it fits completely inside the bell, so the engine shouldn't have to be moved. Am I correct in saying this product as designed today would not work with bell-housing coolers?
Old 02-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 5,029 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Motors do not have to be moved at all , it simply attaches to the flywheel .. I`m not familiar whats in the back of the Bravo set up so don`t quote me on this but I believe it replaces the damper plate.. On the SSM version it simply bolts to the damper plate. No other modifications necessary.

Mike blew 3 NXT transmissions the first year and 3 #6 upper gear sets since then..... decided enough is enough, developed the Drive Guardian, installed last May, been testing the hell out of it, as in lets go out put the throttles to the wall and do my best not to throttle, hasn`t broken anything since.

One note Id mention is if your drive is already on its way or hurt out this isn`t a miracle cure obviously.

Wild and Letter .. emails sent.

SS930, you sir are correct as always
The SSM version did not fit in my bellhousing (built in coolers/ top mount starter) however a company has been found to manufacture a bellhousing that would address that issue. I was very disappointed when it didn`t fit on my set up and now theres hope again

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 02-19-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:37 AM
Registered

Is there any pricing and availability yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.